NewCelica.org Forum banner

181 - 200 of 226 Posts

·
Turbo 2zz
4,674 Posts
Okay point proven. I just go by the classification we had at discount. I'll be more specific for the people next time lol

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Kumho esctas are garbage also.
They never last so we always had to give prorates under mileage warranties.
They lose traction across the life of the tire, especially below 4/32.
And because of the tread cut they're very noisy.

I've never had a happy customer that ran Nankang's on their car. they always came back later complaining of noise and understeer.
So I warranty swapped them for continental contipro contacts, they covered the difference. And they love the way they run.
The Ecstas were noisy above 70 km/h (45 mph). These Marshals are noisy around 50-60 km/h but are not so bad above. Wet traction though is pretty bad, probably as bad as the Ecstas.

·
Can't touch this.
3,629 Posts
continental contipro contacts
Ran the p5s on my celica before I sold it. Granted, they were a lot, but god dam. I couldn't break the tires loose on a hard turn full throttle if I tried. Some of the best tires I've ever driven on across any car. Road noise was low, handling was epic, great wet/dry traction. All around amazing tires. Getting them again next summer when I get rims.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
Yokohama Advan Neovas AD07:

Very good dry grip, not super stiff like other comparable performance tires. steering feedback is ok, not as sharp as my dunlop Z1. After about a 1.5 years they served me well, but got really noisy and the rear tires are cupping.

overall: great tires, discontinued now. replaced by the Neova AD08

·
6k, 6.1k, 6.LIIFFFTTTT!!!
1,345 Posts
So I am looking at getting a new set of tires. Basically brought it down to two sets...

1) Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport 205/50r16

or

2) Yokohama S Drive 205/50r16

There is only about a $15 different in price for the whole set between the two so thats not a issue. Just wondering what people's experience has been with either of these two sets of tires. Would appreciate both positive and negative reviews :thumbup:

AZgts

·
6k, 6.1k, 6.LIIFFFTTTT!!!
1,345 Posts
potenza for sure , S drive are noisy
See thats what I had heard, and read quite a lot of complaints about noise on TireRack.com. Thanks for the input though sf.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Finally got my wheels and suspension set up properly. Running on Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Spec (235/40/17, 255/40/17). One word: ZOMG! This is coming off of Fuzion ZRi (215/40/17, 245/40/17). Even though the front tires are much taller and wider, the exact opposite of what I was expecting happened. Well, besides the more compliant ride (bonus!).

The steering response increased exponentially, along with the improved steering feel (can actually feel the texture of the road now). The wheel is lighter to turn, and the dead spot in the center of the steering is just about gone. I can run at 34psi cold (37/38psi hot), which feels like the ZRis at 40psi cold (at who knows hot). I've heard the tires can feel greasy above 40psi, so I'm trying to stay below that. When I had the tires at 40psi initially, the entire tread didn't make contact with the ground, anyway (visibly lifted at the sides).

All in all, you get what you pay for. Can't wait to see how they do in the rain. :3

·
Registered
255 Posts
Falken Ziex ZE-912 ( 215/35/18 )

Price: $464/set

Thread Life: I have driven around 4500~ miles on these tires, both locally and on a long distance trip (Arkansas to Florida), and the threads still look almost new! I am quiet amazed.

Performance: My driving style is mostly on the light side of aggression. Great grip on sharp turns, handles extremely well in dry conditions and quite well when it rains. I cannot review how these handle in the snow/cold weather yet.

Noise: Fairly quiet! On most roads, these are pretty quiet. Only a couple of roads that I drive on often have these made a 'little peep'.

Side Notes: I love these tires and am about to purchased another set for my newer wheels that I ordered today. I am going from 215/35/18 to 215/40/18 since the new wheels are 1.25" wider and the slightly larger sidewall will help with the little stretching. I will recommend these Falken Ziex ZE-912 tires to anyone and everyone!
thanks for the review! you're the reason I decided on getting these next week. I found a wholesaler in so cal for $355/set.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
what's the tread life of the falken ziex 912? my size is 215-45-17 and i've ran them since new for about 20K miles so far. do they last 30K or 40K?

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
looks like i need new tires after 20K miles. i got them 11 months ago. i'm at the bar indicators already. my review for falken ziex 912: treadwear not so good. i rotated and aligned but wears out after 20k miles. i'll need new tires this weekend! my size was 215/45/r17 on 5zgien 17x7 rims.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Primewell - Budget type tyre BAD wear fast very noisey anything over 40 and a joke in the wet and not that good in the dry. understeer city 2/10
Falken XE512 These are a relatively cheap tyre but i liked em. Good price and performing tyre 7/10
Avon ZV3 These replaced the Falkens and were a disappointment. wore down quite quickly and not as grippy as the falkens 4/10
Federal SS595 I actually quite liked these. not so good in the wet but sound in the dry, lasted well too 6/10
Firestone sz90 Just ordered a set of 4 so will update. got them on an 87 load and a y speed rating too so should be grippy

·
Registered
98 Posts
Continental sport contact 2 Great in the wet or dry but pricey 8/10
Bridgestone RE040 Replaced the conti's and were no where near as good to be honest 5/10

·
The Best User
659 Posts
looking for a set of new tires for my stock 15s. so far its between yokohama avid envigor and goodyear egal gt. im leaning towards the yokohamas. ggoodyear is 78 each yokohama is 76. im in florida so they have to be good in the rain and i like to take corners so they need to be grippy with stiff sidewalls. has anyone tried them?

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
Yokohama A048

This is a really great tire when the weather/temp is right. They grip hard and hold it down, I think though often times in the street they cool down too fast (or i don't get them hot enough).

Next tire is Toyo R888.

·
o-NO_oB-x
2,920 Posts
In4sub

181 - 200 of 226 Posts