NewCelica.org Forum banner

221 - 226 of 226 Posts

·
Lift kicked in yo
122 Posts
Still, seems like there is a good customer care when dealing with warranty :) Good to hear that. Michellin seems like a good guy hehe :) I don't understand what you mean with rotations and alignment checks. Are you obligated to do that regularly or something? What if you just let your winter tires sit on some rims in a garage for 4 years? Here in EU we don't have that, everyone does so, if not, it is your fault if the whole car will shake when your tires aren't weighted correctly.
Michelin requires proof of rotation at least every 5,000 miles and alignment checks on your vehicle at least once or twice a year to approve a manufacturer adjustment claim. You're not obligated, really, but if something ever happens to any of your tires, and you need a new one, Michelin has their hands tied if you haven't been having your tires rotated and getting the car aligned properly. For your information, here in the states, misalignment is the most common cause of irregular/premature tire wear (usually toe wear). It's strange to me that you don't have that in EU...because you should. At least for Michelin America, that's what is required of you to make a claim. If you let your winter tires sit on rims for 4 years in a garage, then well they should still be good to go unless they're dry rotted in which case you need a new set of tires

·
Registered
607 Posts
Michelin requires proof of rotation at least every 5,000 miles and alignment checks on your vehicle at least once or twice a year to approve a manufacturer adjustment claim. You're not obligated, really, but if something ever happens to any of your tires, and you need a new one, Michelin has their hands tied if you haven't been having your tires rotated and getting the car aligned properly. For your information, here in the states, misalignment is the most common cause of irregular/premature tire wear (usually toe wear). It's strange to me that you don't have that in EU...because you should. At least for Michelin America, that's what is required of you to make a claim. If you let your winter tires sit on rims for 4 years in a garage, then well they should still be good to go unless they're dry rotted in which case you need a new set of tires
Hmmm interesting... Well bad luck for people who don't change tires twice a year and just use same all 4 for the whole year, 2, 4 or even more... Warranty doesn't apply to them and i bet they won't do the alignment just for the warranty.
I didn't know that, i guess you really must be in the tire business to know some of the stuff you know heh :)

·
Lift kicked in yo
122 Posts
Hmmm interesting... Well bad luck for people who don't change tires twice a year and just use same all 4 for the whole year, 2, 4 or even more... Warranty doesn't apply to them and i bet they won't do the alignment just for the warranty.
I didn't know that, i guess you really must be in the tire business to know some of the stuff you know heh :)
Heh I guess so. I thought it was pretty much universal common knowledge but I've been wrong before. But it may be good for you to have rotations and alignment checks every year especially if you're running michelin tires. You want to maintain those to get your money's worth and they'll last much longer if they're maintained properly :)

·
Registered
607 Posts
Heh I guess so. I thought it was pretty much universal common knowledge but I've been wrong before. But it may be good for you to have rotations and alignment checks every year especially if you're running michelin tires. You want to maintain those to get your money's worth and they'll last much longer if they're maintained properly :)
Oh i will. That's for sure. I have the same set of stock wheels for summer and winter tires, so i have to do that twice a year in any case hehe :)

·
Registered
289 Posts
KUMHO ECSTA ASX 215/50R16
Ultra High Performance All-Season
Serv. Desc: 90W UTQG: 420 AA A
6 Years / Free replacement first 2/32" of wear, then prorated to final 2/32" remaining depth

Bought 4 for $390 installed. After 20K miles the tires started making wobbling sound. Car pulls to 1 side due to uneven tire wear. After 6 years, they have about 32K miles, worn down to the wear bar and need to be replaced. I dont like these tires. Noisy and wobbly, not good handling.

SUMITOMO HTR P02 AS 205 50 16 600 A A
High Performance All-Season
warranty 5 Years / 65,000 Miles (H- & V-Speed Rated) 4 Years / 45,000 Miles (W-Speed Rated)

Bought a set of 4 $380 installed. Got 20K miles so far. Tires are barely worn with even wear, still look new with deep treads, very quiet and quick, firm handling. Recommended.

221 - 226 of 226 Posts