NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at finally getting some rims, and I'm going to need some tires. I'm planning on 18's with a 40 profile. As for tires, I don't need some super expensive, high performance tire with crap tread wear. I easily put on over 15,000 miles a year, so tread wear is important. Along with that, wet traction is also important. I'm going to have snow tires, so that part is handled.

I was thinking Toyo Proxies since my mom has those on her car and I love those. Any good suggestions?

Curt

·
Registered
241 Posts
I just ordered a set of Sumitomo HTR+ a Ultra High Performance All Season Tire, with a decent treadwear rating of 360 AA, I will submit a small review after I ride on them for about a week, it has been raining almost everyday here in Jersey so I will beable to state there wet traction capabilities. They are probably gonna be installed tomorrow

Mike

·
Registered
241 Posts
All I can say about the Sumitomo HTR+ is awesome, I love these tires, while tiny bit louder then stock, that is a mute point, when compared to the performance they offer, it almost seems as if the car wants to go faster with them on, They also seems to run smoother at higher speeds, Handling is greatly improved and they hug the road well, taking twisty back roads along the NJ Coast 70MPH they didnt miss a beat..

My only complaint is now I have to get a Drop whic I guess really isnt a complaint...

In ending these are a terrific tire for under $100ea
I will def. be getting them again

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.