NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to the track next week and i have my 17's on. Should i change them and put my stock gt tires in the front or leave the 17's on. Due you guys thinck the stock tires will have better grip then my 17 inch kumo tires?

·
Registered
594 Posts
The stock 15's will have more sidewall and be able to give more.. The question is do they have decent tires on them? Either way, the stock rims are lighter than 17's anyway.. so I'd say put em back on.

You'll probably get better times with the 15's on, but try to get some runs in with both and see how much of a difference it makes for you.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2 of them are very bad, so I planing on puting the other 2 tires that are in excelent condition on the front. I need to have the best setup as posible , because I'm going to race both of my friends with b16 civics. The one that drives an si, i can already beat even with my 17's, the other guy with a civic hx with a jdm b16 drop in is going to give me a ride for my money.

·
Registered
334 Posts
put your stock tires on the front, drop the pressure to 20psi and leave your 17's on the rear. That way the front of your car will be lower and it will have more weight on them. Also the 20psi tire pressure will have more grip than if you were to have it at 30psi.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Are you road racing or drag racing?

I assume you're not going to buy new tires for this event, so if you're drag racing, put the 15's on. If you're road racing, use the 17's. At this point, it doesn't matter what kind of tires are on the wheels.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
AND if you're road racing do NOT deflate the fronts! You'll want to overinflate. Best pressures I've run at autocross w/15" Kumho VictoRacers was 39 front and 33 rear.

Sounds like you're draggin' tho... Good Luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts