NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to give a big "Attaboy!" to Titan Motorsports and Sean in particular for both great service and great prices! I don't have internet access at home right now and don't like to order online from work, so I recently ordered by phone from Titan when I needed some gauges. Sean was helpful, friendly, and informative each time I called. I ordered a Autometer Nexus series Boost Gauge for my GReddy SC (along with a oil pressure gauge and the necessary controller/programmer w/remote) and, even with backorder (which I was told about immediately), received the order in a timely manner. I compared these gauges' prices with other sites and none of those beat Titan's. Also, I bought some really sharp 200 mph Club shirts that have the Team Titan Drag Celica featured. Very cool at a great price! I've often read the positive comments about Titan, and I'm pleased to find out they were on the mark. I'll definitely do business with them again! Thanks Sean! :headbang:

Mark

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
"titan is overpriced imo..." - blitzceli

I actually found just the opposite for what I purchased. I searched around a little more after I read your reply and did come across some sites which listed a slightly cheaper price than what I paid (what I paid, though, was notably cheaper than the Titan web listed price) for the gauges I bought. However, I found plenty of others which were higher. So, in this case, which concerns the gauges I bought, I would have to say "overpriced" is not a fair assessment. I can't speak to "your experience" :shrugs: , nor was my post about my experience intended to, but my dealings with Titan were positive on each account - competitive price, knowledgable input, willingness to help (actually told me that, time and money-wise, I would be better off going straight to LoTek for my gauge pod as opposed to waiting for Titan to backorder it from the same folks), and friendliness. Also, I'm willing to go to the aftermarket distributor who may not be the absolute cheapest, if they show an actual interest or concentration on my specific car or community. Its why I would favor folks such as Monkey Wrench Racing, Hotchkis Tuning, KARacing, Intense Motorsports, Ragnarok Racing, TLS Performance, etc. as well as Titan Motorsports. I respect your opinion but would have to say its not representative of my experience. :thumbup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
blitzceli said:
fair enough, I was refering to the web page price.

:thumbup: I really should have stated in my first post that the price they charged me was lower than the listed price. When I first looked around, the normal price for the boost gauge was around $250 - $280, but some were definitely higher. Titan's listed price was "regular $332 - sale price $249". When I ordered it, Sean knocked it down to $240. Same with the oil pressure gauge. The controller unit was reduced by about the same amount. All of which added up to a comparatively good price. I could have made things much clearer if I had included that info earlier. As a side note related to Titan, Titan's driver for their "pretty successful" :p: drag Supra, Gary White, lives here in town and I ran into him one day out at the shop of the guy who does my tuning and engine work. Super nice fella who, on a very humid day last summer, took the time to talk to me about racing, performance tuning, and outlining some tips about the best way to get a Supra for a decent price and key areas to upgrade. He drives a beautiful white Supra that outside looks like a stock TT, except for the wheels, but is obviously anything but stock when he starts it up. Killer daily driver with around 904 max hp and 7?? max torque. Lot of fun to talk to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts