NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shake, bake, and roll and you've got a recipe for disaster

The titan had apparently picked up a new exhaust recently and was showing off just how much noise he could make while hardly accelerating. Judging by the tail pipe it looks like he cut the part of the muffler off to make it that loud.

I made him look silly out of the tool booth (3 car lengths from 30 to 60 just in second gear) and then continued driving normally on the highway. He kept coming and I obliged to abuse him some more. While I slowed down for any traffic ahead. Apparently the Driver of the Tit(i)an didn't like that and followed very closely. Which soon drew the attention of a red z06 who started following.

After a couple shorts burst of speed, pulling away from the Tit(y)an easily :) The Corvette got around him and came up behind me. I saw him start accelerating so I downshifted to 4th and brought that to about redline. He started to come up on me fast as I was getting past triple digit speeds so I moved to the other lane and slowed. If I kept going and not slowed he would still have passed me going atleast 10 mph faster than myself. Not a slow car I must say. ;)

So in conclusion Z06 > Spyder > Tit(e)an

·
Registered
414 Posts
Yeah, stock z06 have the capability of an 11.7 with all ideal conditions and a good driver but the norm is 12.2-12.6. I ran a 8.4 which should equal 13.1 in the 1/4 and it was my first time ever racing it and I spun first, second, and half of third. They pull like a champ up top and have a sort of dead spot around 2k. I love it though, I also love the look of the newer mr2s. A major on base that goes to the autoX just bought one but hasn't run it yet.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
ckd said:
Yeah, stock z06 have the capability of an 11.7 with all ideal conditions and a good driver but the norm is 12.2-12.6. I ran a 8.4 which should equal 13.1 in the 1/4 and it was my first time ever racing it and I spun first, second, and half of third. They pull like a champ up top and have a sort of dead spot around 2k. I love it though, I also love the look of the newer mr2s. A major on base that goes to the autoX just bought one but hasn't run it yet.
ouch what was your 60' on that 8.4 2.3?

·
Registered
414 Posts
2.2. The rest were 2.4, and 2.3 People have hit 1.78-1.9 stock. I need to work on it a lot more.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Theres an undercover hear were i live in a nismon frontier with unbolted exhuast and a body covered in nismo stickers that after 3 runs he calls u in and has u pulled over, there cracking down here all the sudden.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Just wait until they require you to have transponders in your vehicle & they'll ticket you if you go 1mph over the limit & charge you $3 a mile on toll roads. SPEED WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts