NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know where i can buy exhaust TIPs similar to the one pictured?

i can only find the exhaust system but not the tip itself. any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
838 Posts
They are not "Ti blazed"...when metal get heated to a certian temp it changes color.that fade look happends when the very edge of the tip is the hottest so it turns blue, the farther back on the tip the metal isnt as hot and it doesnt turn the same color. that exhaust doesnt look like its Ti but you can do that effect to any tip. that happens when you weld also...the hottest part is at the point of the arc and weld bead. if you have access to a tourch you can do that to any tip. ex TRD.

btw i saw an full Ti muffler on ebay for like 109 i think.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Titanium Blazed? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The entire exhausts are made of titanium to reduce weight. The color comes from the temp of the titanium rising during cutting and welding. Veilside makes a titanium exhaust. I don't even want to ask why someone want's to front with just a tip.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by GTSnut

The entire exhausts are made of titanium to reduce weight. The color comes from the temp of the titanium rising during cutting and welding. Veilside makes a titanium exhaust.
no shit sherlock. but if you want to help, i want the tip to be made out of titanium, and i want it to be blazed. call me a ricer if you want, i really dont care. but since you are not helping, GTFO.
Originally posted by 100to5
Why do you want just the tip?
i have an apexi n1 turbo muffler and its soo big that it scrapes when i back out of driveways. so im gonna ditch the muffler and go straight pipe- and i want this particular type of tip.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
:rofl: Sure thing kiddo.

Well, first of all, if you knew what you were talking about then you wouldn't be saying "Blazed." And where is that industrial design knowledge at? Got to a metal shop and order a peice of titanium pipe and fabricate it to fit. Then heat the inside end with a torch for your "Blazed" look. Save yourself the $500 any place would sell you a muffler to chop up. And yeah, you would have to go that route, because I highly doubt you would find a titanium tip, but anything's possible.

Blazed yo! :rofl:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I think I saw what you want at PepBoys the other day. It might have been stainless though, rather than titanium. It had the burnt edge that you're describing. I'll look again the next time I'm there.

Also, here's a web link to try: http://shop.store.yahoo.com/dpstore/apc1225.html

It lists an APC part number, but I couldn't find the same item on APC's website.

·
Registered
435 Posts
i'm pretty sure they have tips with the heated edges at your local auto parts store (pep boys, autozone).

i'm pretty sure they arent titanium, they are just heated enough to make them have the same effect.

i would do what bo suggested and just go to a metal shop and get the size pipe you want for the tip and get them to cut it the way you want (angled cut or flat cut, etc) and then just bring that tip to a muffler shop and tell them you want the piece you bring in to be the tip.

just make sure you check with the metal shop about melting temps to make sure you can weld a titanium tip to a stainless pipe because the materials melt at different temperatures. worst case, you'll have to get a different material that is heat treated at the tip to give the same effect, but since the effect is what you are looking for, i dont see that being a problem for you.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I checked PepBoys on the way home last night; and they did have the burnt tip. It's an APC part (#156075R). It's $29.99. Surprisingly, it is Titanium. It's a bolt-on, which elimates any welding problem (although I'm not a big fan of bolt-on tips). I'm sure it could also be used as a weld-on tip; if you can find someone to do that.

So, anyway, there you go...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts