Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts

·
Infrangibile
145 Posts
So what is going to happen is people are going to buy this set and reselling it with 6 bolts less until they're all gone. XD

·
Registered
8,277 Posts
A man can dream. :lol:

I'm interested though, if you can do a better price PM. Maybe DDPR would buy the rest.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had those made locally in Vancouver, BC. $35/Set for two bolt is a lot, but you can't compare Ti64 with the cheap OEM material that we pay $0.7/pc from Toyota. You can Lift all day long worry free. The cost for me to make them is high, and the last thing i want is for them to sit at storage forever. Feel free to PM me your best offer, and I will consider them.

·
Infrangibile
145 Posts
So wait, how much did you have to pay for the set of 50?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I paid roughly $13/pc. I needed to have 3D laser scanning and minor drafting work done prior sending to a machine shop. There was only a couple shops locally deal with Ti64 material, so I had pretty much no bargaining power with this one-time tiny job. Whoever is interested to bullet proof their LIFT bolt should grab it while it last.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Many same questions raised in PM, so I am answering them here all at once.

1. Is my LIFT going to work with this new bolt?
A: If your LIFT is currently not working due to broken lift bolt, you LIFT will be back if you replace it with this Ti64 lift bolt. If your lift is not working due to other factors, this is NOT your solution to the problem.

2. International shipping.
A: Yes, I can ship internationally, but I will only ship to PayPal confirmed address.

The Ti64 Lift bolt is 100% identical to the latest Toyota design, and the only difference is this bolt will NEVER break compare to the OEM one. This Ti64 bolt will over last the engine itself.
See the picture illustration below.

·
Registered
393 Posts
35 really isn't a bad price for a bolt you will never have to change ever again especially when it's known to break if you are hitting lift often. It's cheap insurance if you ask me.

Glwys man. If I still had my gts I would have definitely picked up a set

·
Registered
8,277 Posts
The gold are the old ones, Toyota changed the type of steel and the hardness of the bolts to make them more durable. Even though I have the updated bolts I still want a set of these just cause.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Isn't the bolt designed to wear? Now you are making an indestructible bolt, then won't the rocker wear? Something has got to give

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lift bolt is there to hold the shaft in place from free spinning once high cam is engaged. There shouldn't be any significant impact during or after the engagement of lift. Lack of space in the lift bolt hole means there is no space for the shaft to accelerate. Broken lift bolt issue is mainly due to the stress of the shaft put on the bolt. The shaft wants to spin, and lift bolt needs to stop it from spinning. Plus, the reason why I choose titanium over 17-4PH stainless steel. At a point my team was seriously considering 17-4PH due to the superb HRC 40, but the lack of elasticity makes it less preferable. My engineer suggest to let the part deform rather than snap, so titanium was selected due to the relatively high HRC 36 and great modulus elasticity.

Picture repost from Smaay's repair guide to illustrate the lack of accelerating space in lift bolt hole.

·
Infrangibile
145 Posts
Tell you what, if you still have some come the 10th of the month I'll buy a set.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.