NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yo guys, well JUST MY ****IN LUCK....i took my car in to get aligned today, well the guy was great but that wonderful creaking noise in the right front of the car is a blwon bearing joint or soemthing? C.V.joint boot or soemthing? i dunno, but they wouldnt cover it under warranty due to the springs i have on the car, plus, they stripped the bolts on the APR strut tower, so thats all ****ed up now. wat kind of bolts u guys use for that **** thing? i am ****ed beyond belief, igot probs left and right ever since i lowered my car :( both joints or plates or wateva they are have to be replaced, parts will be here friday(or they say) along with a coolant flush, tranny fliud change, and new thigns in my doors so they dont slam, all i have to pay for of course .... man....this sucks....anybody esle have the prob with tere front end? peace

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a problem with my CV and ball joints. Whatever a CV joint is .. who knows. It took toyota four different times to figure out what I told them was wrong. Good luck d00d. Mail me offlist if you wish.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea man,...i hear ya....this guy i worked with on my car was the alignment guy, he seemed to understand my cars suspension pretty damn well, he aslo knew how to align the rear camber perfectly :) but anyway, he kinda got mad with the strut tower situation....because of the stripped bolts so i needed new strut bolts on the top...so ya bro....i guess iothers had the same problem, its still creakin when i turn, he told em eventually the spring will snap and break, so i was like ahhhh order me both sides bro, and he hooked me up and was really cool about it, plus he got my car up on the alignment machine perfectly with out anyprobs with my kit. but back to the point this boot problem, wat the hell is it? and wat does it do? how seriosu isthis creakinsound taht we hear?

·
Registered
155 Posts
dammit man, i just put my springs on last night and i get a craking noise from the front driver side. It sounds like something is about to give way! Im trying to figure it out too? What do i need to replace or fix??

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dunno man, but i am forkin over 180 bux to get mine fixed, hopefully thats wat its from ya know? i mean according the tech thats wat its from, he said ths springs cause excessive wear or soemthign on the bearing joint inside....now i am not a tech guy with suspension so imight be wrong, but i am getting them BOTH repalced to be safe, but he also told me i can drive with it for like 6 months but eventually OVER TIME the spring will snap, the springs swivels when the strut tunrs, whcih makes the noise we hear, and it will eventually cause damage, pain in the ass, but its there, u can drive wiht the sound, but get it looked at, ts not right, suppsoedly some cars have the prob, some dont, o and bro, they wont cover it under warranty with the aftermakrter springs :) :) :) :) its outta ur pocket, the enitre C/V joint and bearing kit cost me a totall of 180 bux not icnluding labor. if u need anything hit me up man, let me know wat think, but ya we both hear the same thing.....sounds liek soemthigns gonna break !

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
you musta hit a giant curb or something to crack it, if foreign elements/debris get in, and screw up the lubrication and what not, it'll wear itself out and then i think it can get as bad as your wheel falling off while you drive. so it's pretty serious.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Sounds like what T2000 said, if you do spring install correctly, you shouldn't have any problems as long as the springs aren't too low.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I think Hilfiger has the answer to the question here. My TRD springs have never made noise and it only drops 1.5 inch at most. My springs have been in for over a year and the struts are still good too.

Sorry to hear the dilemma Celica001. Maybe go with the TRD springs, it will be cheaper in the long run.

·
Registered
155 Posts
watch your back when buying from Toyota. I just went to autozone to get the assembly you are about to buy for 180. they said the didnt have it yet....but its cost will be 50-90. My guess with me is when i was installing the springs i pulled the brake rotor to hard causing the knuckle inside of the inner CV boot to come loose. im getting an alignment tomorrow, so ill see if the knuckle isnt that bad so i can just snap it back in. Make sure youre not getting screwed homey!!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jsut springs man....i am takign thec ar firday to get the C/V jouint reaplaced, and the Spring seat replaced since the sprigns wasnt mounted correctly in the seat when it was installed it now has worn out and wont lock onto the strut anymore. wat a ****in mess....baastard deaelrship will prolyl crack my body kit now too. damn bastards.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts