NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aight, I'm very close to putting a revelco system in my car. Granted the design hasn't changed since the 70's and the thing looks like it belongs in a semi, but if their claims are true (check the website out at: http://www.ravelco.com/ ) then my car has a 0% chance of theft.

They can piggyback it on an alarm system, and the way they wire it seems like it could be a mess for any mechanic who wants to work with the electrical system.

Anyone ever had any dealings with Ravelco or knows anyone who has? Little information on the internets on them.

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reason I ask, is because of a few alarm systems these days have starter kill systems that can technically do the same thing, only electronically. Does anyone else have experience with other starter kill systems? I'm kind of in a high-theft area and I'd really like to keep this car in my parking space so I don't have a repeat of what happened to my 240sx.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
couldn't u just do a fuel pump disable switch?? and hide the switch where only u would know..it's easier that way..

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
like on honda..ppl would run a switch b/n the power wire near the fuel pump..then flip the switch after u leave the car..flip the switch back when u get back into the car..

so yeah.

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
alarms are really useless... once u pull the brain out it's well dead. I used to rune a fuel pump disable switch for my other cars. haven't done it to my celi yet. all u really gotta do is find the + power cable for the fuel pump and then run a wire to a switch u hid somehwere. works wonders if u ask me.. and cheap

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
alarms are really useless... once u pull the brain out it's well dead. I used to rune a fuel pump disable switch for my other cars. haven't done it to my celi yet. all u really gotta do is find the + power cable for the fuel pump and then run a wire to a switch u hid somehwere. works wonders if u ask me.. and cheap
u buy a small back up battery probably like 1/8th the size of ur regular car battery and hook ur alarm up to it, hide it in the engine bay and u shouldnt have a problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I popped the hood of my celi and looked at the harness for it. Thoroughly intimidated I replaced the hood and decided to call Ravelco. Considering how fast my last car got boosted (A nice and CLEAN 240sx with low miles) I wanted to get this thing imobile as fast as possible.

It was more than I expected, but when I watched the 2 hour install I was kinda glad I did. Not only did they wire the plug to the starter and fuel line, they also ran dummy wires and hid them within the assembly. Kind of a nifty install, but still waaaayy overpriced for what I got. The plug that you need to keep on you is about the size of a silver dollar in diameter and about an inch deep. Kind of obnoxious to carry around in the pocket.

At least I'll have peace of mind that this thing can only be towed if it's going to be moved.

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
U be supprised at how many ppl tow cars when stealing. I used to work in a retail store and during big holidays we would park 2 blocks down at the bank.. and every year, someone new would try to tow a car away.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If my car is towed, then that means they passed up the 911 Carrera, the '04 STI, the '08 R32, and the '01 M3 to snag my ride. Much better picks to choose than my little 'ol 03 GT-S. :gap:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts