NewCelica.org Forum banner

41 - 60 of 505 Posts

·
Daddy Daycare
20,295 Posts
So what's the criteria? 100 fastest cars tested by Top Gear? It must be that, cuz I don't see why the Daihatsu Cuore made the list. And many others too. Loved seeing the 205 GTi though, brings back fond memories of when I lived in Holland and had one.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Haulin said:
No kidding, especially when #1 is this:

:chuckles:
Their testing was based on the Top 100 "most fun and thrilling cars" and their number 1 is pretty mucc "A rental car" because they can beat it to hell and not worry about it.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,295 Posts
^ You know it does when it has a 8.5 sec 0-60 Daihatsu with a turbo 3-cylinder engine. I was annoyed by that and the Forester, however fast or slow it might be.

·
Super Moderator
44,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
NBC Orders 'Top Gear' Pilot

NBC Orders 'Top Gear' Pilot
NBC has ordered a pilot for the BBC Worldwide America series Top Gear. Top Gear features super-cars, extreme stunts, time trials and road tests, and assesses the performances of some of the world’s most popular cars. It also features celebrity guests.

“We’ve had our eye on Top Gear for a while now, and think the show can really click with viewers,” said Craig Plestis, executive vp, alternative programming, development and specials, NBC Entertainment. “The concept taps into America’s obsession with cars and is unlike anything else on television.”

Ben Silverman, co-chairman, NBC Entertainment and Universal Media Studios, added, “Top Dear is a proven international hit which fits perfectly into NBC’s lineup of programming with male appeal, including Sunday Night Football and American Gladiators.”

The series premiered in the United Kingdom in 1977 and has been one of the most watched programs on BBC over the years. It currently airs on BBC America in the U.S.

This is the second programming deal between NBC and BBC Worldwide America. BBC recently provided NBC with the reality show Clash of the Choirs, a short-run, four night event.

BBC Worldwide America also produces Dancing with the Stars, which airs on ABC; and Dance War: Bruno vs. Carrie Ann, which premiered on ABC this week.

One word: Rubbish.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I watch Top Gear all the time it's a great car show very entertaining the show has very interesting car facts. I enjoy it very much.

I'm trying to find out if they ever covered the Celica.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
It will suck if it doesn't have Clarkson/Hamster/May.

·
Super Moderator
44,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Carbonized_GT said:
it won't. this is America's version. it's going to be as bad as, if not worse than, for example, say...Iron Chef America. that show didn't completely transfer over all too well. if I want TG, I'll watch BBC America or watch it on the internet.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
Watch.

They are going to use people like Nick Hogan, Tyrese and other morons.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
You know its going to end up in some horrible setup like that.

·
Premium Member
7,520 Posts
Top Gear is really about the personalities of Hammond, May and Clarkson. Without them the show cannot be successful.

At best it could be like 5th Gear which is terrible.

·
Boobze
3,237 Posts
CEGONAX-MAN said:
I watch Top Gear all the time it's a great car show very entertaining the show has very interesting car facts. I enjoy it very much.

They only covered the all track.
Carbonized_GT said:
x2

Assuming they keep the cast (they won't but whatever) I would say at least some good came out of the writers strike. I still want my Office episodes back though.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
Dasher17 said:
CEGONAX-MAN said:

They only covered the all track.
Alltrac.

41 - 60 of 505 Posts