NewCelica.org Forum banner
60K views 537 replies 70 participants last post by  Motor 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
odd . . . because every comparo test I've read has had the TT losing

in fact Winding Road just did an awesome one with the TT, Z4 Coupe, Cayman S and some Alpha Romeo

They said the Z4 Coupe was the best for daily driving and the Cayman S was the best track weapon - they felt the Audi was too soft.

#375 ·
I believe it, all the audi's i've drove have been super soft, like driving a cushon of air, meaning that you can't feel what your doing on the road. :thumbdown I felt the same way though about the z4 35is i test drove. It was the twin turbo so it was fast as F***:applaud: but it IMO was way to soft with no where near enough road feel for a sports car, (especially when compared to the Old Z3s) :angry:

The same day i test drove a '11 Mustang Gt and 370z. All i can say is the Z is what a sports car should be, sharp extact steering with great road feal and response. I would definetly go out and buy one!!! (If I had 30ish K to blow) lol :hitit:

#9 ·
BHP is the exact same thing as crank hp. The B for brake refers to the engine brake on an engine dyno, where the power is measured. Both measurements give the same number and don't take drivetrain loss into account which a chassis dyno does.

It's absolutely retarded to think that 440whp is a bad number for a car that advertises 500whp and you're being "cheated." Even my girlfriend knew that their test was inherently flawed.

#10 ·
Its also a mustang, they forgot to put anything in the car but an engine. Really though, I think they did that just to compare it to the other mustangs in that particular show.

#12 ·
Kani said:
Its also a mustang, they forgot to put anything in the car but an engine. Really though, I think they did that just to compare it to the other mustangs in that particular show.
Not at all. They were seeing if it really had 500hp, which is why he wrote "almost" on the side.

Althought I still enjoy it a lot Top Gear jumped the shark with the caravan episode (which was hilarious). Hopefully after the hiatus they'll get back to more car-oriented stuff instead of "crazy challenges" that try a bit too hard for laughs (dynamite plowing? yeah, that hardly seemed as spontaneous as they wanted us to think it was).

#13 · (Edited)
BBC Top Gear in US TV deal talks

BBC Top Gear in US TV deal talks
Hit TV show Top Gear could be heading to the US, after the BBC revealed it is in talks to take it over the Atlantic.

The Sun newspaper reported that the show will be fronted by current presenters Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May.

It said the US show would be the same as the UK version, but focusing on American cars, such as Cadillacs.

US stars will also test their driving skills against mystery racing driver The Stig, the newspaper added.

A spokeswoman for the BBC confirmed that BBC Worldwide - the corporation's commercial arm - had been in talks, but could not confirm details.

"BBC Worldwide has had exploratory conversations with the US networks to bring a local version of Top Gear to the US, but there is not yet a deal on the table," she said.

Top Gear has already been shown in the US on the Discovery Channel.

In November 2005 it won an international Emmy award for the best non-scripted entertainment show.

Top Gear made a successful comeback to BBC Two in January, four months after Richard Hammond was involved in a serious high-speed crash while filming.

Last month an estimated eight million people tuned in to see the last episode in the series - BBC Two's largest audience for 10 years.

The show is due to return for a new series in the autumn.

#17 ·
It's going to suck. Apparently a Top Gear original pilot was shot in the US (not the edited Discovery channel ones) and it was so bad the project was scrapped the first time around.

I'd be perfectly happy is they just put the UK one on BBC USA.

#19 ·
They shouldn't change it. If they were to include more US cars, it'll just be bashed. They hate American cars, except for maybe the Ford GT and old shelby mustang but that changed too after Jeremy bought a GT for himself. :gap:

#23 · (Edited)