NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
21,169 Posts
Tikked Again said:

I assume the beast is broken in and all tuned now?
Not quite....it's completly broken in with a fresh fluid change....and the fuel maps are running super-rich currently, so I'll definetly be safe for a little spirited driving. :gap: But it still needs some serious dyno-tuning. :( It was supposed to be this Saturday, but they still don't have their dyno up yet at Ground Zero.

I'm looking at sometime next week, hopefully. I'm heading down to Eugene, so that Jeff and I can fix a few things, such as my tiny exhaust leak, and my vacum leak around my throttle body (fluctuating idle...driving me NUTZ).

Anyways...when I hit this certain open stretch of OR, I'm opening her up..heheheh...probably not 160..heheh..but I am gonna push it a little...enough to feel her out...I'll be sure to turn my springs up a bit.

· Premium Member
21,169 Posts
Okay....first the bad news.

After getting my car all adjusted for the big trip back from Eugene...there was a HUUUUUUUUUGE thunderstorm all the way up past Portland. I think I got the record for slowest jaunt on the highway, because I hit 55 max for that entire jaunt. :( The water was thick enough to ski on, and it there was purple lightning striking within a half-mile radius (Can you say "Instantaneous Thunder & REALLY BRIGHT flashes of light?).

Good news....coming down to Eugene...I punched it on a nice straight-away, and hit 145, no problemo with absolutely OOOOOODLES of extra oomph and stability to go. This is from a 3rd gear roll at 60mph...heh. (oh..and I did ask the wife for permission, first).

I would have liked to go faster, but I dare not with the wife in the car...it was fast enough as it was, but man..it felt ROCK solid. The car was so low to the ground, and so stable, I imagine I could have hit 165+ without even breaking a sweat...it was THAT stable...man..it was like buttah!!

I remember getting ready to shiat some bricks when I hit 142 in the Celica....simply amazing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.