NewCelica.org Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Registered
838 Posts
Perfect timing for the question!!! I just installed my manual boost controller, autometer boost gauge and changed the tranny fluid this weekend!!! I'm pushin 15 psi now and i took it up to 157... i know i could've gone faster, but my straight stretch of freeway ended and it started turning... i was getting scared (no springs/struts installed yet)!!! :)

· Premium Member
21,169 Posts
Okay....first the bad news.

After getting my car all adjusted for the big trip back from Eugene...there was a HUUUUUUUUUGE thunderstorm all the way up past Portland. I think I got the record for slowest jaunt on the highway, because I hit 55 max for that entire jaunt. :( The water was thick enough to ski on, and it there was purple lightning striking within a half-mile radius (Can you say "Instantaneous Thunder & REALLY BRIGHT flashes of light?).

Good news....coming down to Eugene...I punched it on a nice straight-away, and hit 145, no problemo with absolutely OOOOOODLES of extra oomph and stability to go. This is from a 3rd gear roll at 60mph...heh. (oh..and I did ask the wife for permission, first).

I would have liked to go faster, but I dare not with the wife in the car...it was fast enough as it was, but man..it felt ROCK solid. The car was so low to the ground, and so stable, I imagine I could have hit 165+ without even breaking a sweat...it was THAT stable...man..it was like buttah!!

I remember getting ready to shiat some bricks when I hit 142 in the Celica....simply amazing.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.