NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
You're better off with polyurethane engine mounts. The torque brace has a tendency to tear through the strut tower if the bolts ever comes loose. :thumbdown

·
Premium Member
9,606 Posts
Originally posted by Blue Bomber
The torque brace has a tendency to tear through the strut tower if the bolts ever comes loose.
No, it tears a hole in the shock tower if you tighten it as much as you're supposed to.

·
Premium Member
9,606 Posts
Originally posted by Rave669
does it use a backing plate on the mount? if not, that may prevent it from tearing the strut tower.
Well, the problem is that one of the two bolts that are used to secure the brace to the strut tower doesn't actually go thru the strut tower, but is sort of welded to the engine bay side of the strut tower. What you have to do is drill this bolt out, put a new one in it's place and then add a backing plate.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Just get engine mount inserts. They do the job better anyways. I had the torque brace and I didn't really like it. I transmitted a wierd whining sound from the engine comartment. It makes all engine noises louder and I didn't think that it did much performance wise (at least as not as much as mount inserts).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts