NewCelica.org Forum banner
101 - 120 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
8,331 Posts

·
Registered
8,331 Posts
Uh we can meet at that Mcdonalds around....10? Or would there be a better place to meet you at?

·
Registered
8,331 Posts
Does anyone else need to meet up in Joliet to follow me to the meet? I promise I won't try to loose you on the road on purpose, I'll be shedding mold release compound from the Z2's so no crazy driving.

Mark, I'll be kicking off 80 at Ottawa again to drive along the river on 71. I'll go slower for you this time...maybe.

·
Registered
8,331 Posts
I have two cases of Capri Sun, baby wipes, spicy brown mustard and BBQ sauce. If anyone thinks of something CALL ME and I'll stop at a store along the way and grab it or detour to do so.

Seven Zero Eight Three Three Five Two Two Seven One

If anyone needs someone to follow, call me or PM me before 10AM tomorrow, we can meet here:
McDonald's
1421 Riverboat Center Dr, Joliet, IL ‎

·
Registered
8,331 Posts
I'm really considering this route tomorrow, or part of it. Hopping off 80 at Morris and grabbing Dupont Road. I've driven that way back before and it was a lot of fun. Very few cars, very nice scenery. I may just take that back to Morris to get on 80 to go home, I'm not sure. A nice drive is...nice. Very relaxing, much more than the highway.

http://goo.gl/maps/p5O7i

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
I'll eat your little Celica alive. :D

What's a good time to be there by? I figure just after 11 but the grill, etc. got started so much later last time...

·
Registered
8,331 Posts
Haha, no doubt, even through the curves. I'm still rubbing the mold release off and heat cycling them so I'm not taking chances and not pushing anything.

Which way are you taking up/taking home?

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
JUST leaving in about 10 mins... sorry we lost one! See everyone else there!

·
Registered
8,331 Posts
I'm home.
So I'm driving along the back roads enjoying myself and this fly the size of my fucking thumb just pops into my car. It's buzzing around, bounces off the pass side A pillar, the windshield, then comes to rest in the defrost vent. After I stop at a sign, I reach forward to try to grab it, it crawls deeper so I take off. As soon as I'm rounding the corner it flies onto the drivers side A pillar, I make a grab for it, it flew and landed on my damn NECK. I grabbed it off and tossed it out the window.

Otherwise uneventful. Of course now that the meet is over I feel like I've scrubbed the tires up enough to start getting traction on them. The last run down 71 was great, no traffic and no people. I got to push it just a little within my comfort zone and it was great. Very grippy and stable and predictable.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Great meet today! It was great seeing you guys there again and meeting some new people. I actually got to talk to some of you guys this time, fortunately. It was nice being able to drive my Celica up there this time instead of my 350Z. I have well over 200 pictures to sort through, so I'll try to get some up tonight or tomorrow. Here's just a few quick pics after the hike on the cruise to dinner. Crappy iPhone pics.

Edit:I lied. Got a few more. Might upload more later, but I'd like to sort through them a little better first.

Somebody stole my car and left a bumper in its place...

Drew caught a fish with his bare hands...

Luke made it out to dinner with us.

Looked in my mirror on the way to the hotel, swear I see a Celica.... Yep, Luke and Maggie caught up with us. Had a little fun on the highway.

·
Poopin' on Scrubz
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
Had a great time with everyone! Some really nice looking cars out there. Props to the Beams from RI making it out there, and props for letting me drive it. :gap:

Meet cliff notes (will probably miss some funny stuff, feel free to remind me):

-Almost all Celica's, and an Evo.

-A Beams from RI.

-Lot's of good food (puppy chow, giant fluffy cookies, salsa, meats, sweet corn (see below)).

-Sweet corn issue: Butter and salt OR Mayo and Parmesan cheese?

-Mark and Chris made up.

-Because Mark.

-Hiking. Mud. Water. Fun!

-Dead carp, and slapping of said fish. (Will post video ASAP)

-Rock skipping.

-Cruise to Minooka for pizza.

-Pizza was good.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Salsa still needs more heat, sorry. Someone please pass on to Chris and Stacey (sp?) thanks for being such an awesome host and hostess!

Lots of good looking cars, great people, and I got to wring out the Evo a bit which I'd not done in a while.

Awesome! Thanks all for coming!

101 - 120 of 124 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.