NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Super Moderator
44,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Smoky the Bandit
Top Secret's crown jewel from its hidden collection of classics.

Found in a junkyard as a rusty heap, this RA25 Celica underwent an intensive six-month restoration process that would make Boyd Coddington weep. Upon retrieval from its deathbed, Nagata immediately whisked the well-oxidized body and frame off to Top Secret II: The Body Shop to reverse the severe weathering that had occurred over the years. Many of the original bits were too far gone, giving the Top Secret crew the perfect opportunity to replace them with trick custom touches.

While the car may appear stock, aside from its mean crouch and bestickered body, numerous clever yet subtle nuances endow this resto-modded Celica with the amenities of your typical daily driver. For instance, Bellof Spec Le Mans GT HID throw more lumens from the quad headlights than 1975 could have ever dreamed of. Likewise, one-off LED taillights have been matched perfecly to the zenki five-bar rear treatment.

For a squad with enough talent to jam a V12 into the bay of a straight-six, an epic swap would have been pound cake, but beneath the custom fiberglass hood lies a chassis-correct twin-cam 18RG engine. Never one to leave well enough alone, Nagata and his crew have installed fuel-injection with an HKS F-CON V Pro management system fed by four individual throttle bodies with custom machined velocity stacks. The rest of the drivetrain remains stock, albeit rebuilt, save for an ORC single-plate clutch.

:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
I will have one of those some day, when I dunno. I have dreamed of owning one of those, truly a great looking classic japanese car.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Needs to be Top Secret Gold!

lol j/k. It looks pretty good and could do a few less stickers.

·
Registered
138 Posts
This wouldn't happen to be a thread about 'Why the GT-Four sucks versus the seventh gen GT-S',would it?The performance on those 5th gen's isn't all that great....

·
Super Moderator
44,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 124 Posts