NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, they popped the trany and said it was hosed! Opped for a new one. 5 months ago they rebuilt it and in my opinion they didn't do it right. No matter how much I complained they wouldn't do anything about it. Give the standard answer, it suppose to be like that!

Anyways, I am f'ing so glad to have my car back! Shifts like silk now. A night and day difference from where it was prior to it going into the shop. I have noticed they they didn't do the wider shift gates and used a lockout instead. upward shifts are smooth and slippery. if you downshift to quick you hit a wall. Fin with me, I loved the way the shift is without the wider gates anyways.

Just thought I would share my joy of having my car back! It's been in the shop 25% of the time since I have owned it. Let hope they got it right this time!

·
Registered
556 Posts
grats, i had my tranny replaced under warranty too.

good to know its freeeeeee!

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
They're not lockouts. It's just because the tranny is new, and won't let you downshift without rev matching properly (synchros keep you out). It'll loosen up a bit as everything breaks in and wears down a bit.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahhhhh.... blue I was so hoping for lockouts! I'll have to watch the shifts for a bit to see if it loosens up or what.

nice sig blue!

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by stein
Ahhhhh.... blue I was so hoping for lockouts! I'll have to watch the shifts for a bit to see if it loosens up or what.
If you haven't misshifted before, you'll have no problems with having no lockouts.
nice sig blue!
Thanks! :cool: Minor revisions coming soon. ;)

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by F35-JSF
Great. Now sell it;)
Sounds like my GF!

Originally posted by Blue Bomber
If you haven't misshifted before, you'll have no problems with having no lockouts.
No problem before, just don't want it to happen at all! They rebuilt my engine last time because when I bought it it had a few bent valves or a slight misshift from the previous owner. I tried to tell them it didn't sound right. But they give me the standard answer "it suppose to be like that" So I run in until it didn't run no more!

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
Sounds like my GF!

No problem before, just don't want it to happen at all! They rebuilt my engine last time because when I bought it it had a few bent valves or a slight misshift from the previous owner. I tried to tell them it didn't sound right. But they give me the standard answer "it suppose to be like that" So I run in until it didn't run no more!

She should be revered as a very smart woman, heed her advice.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I may be getting rid of the celi, but not until Jan or a few months after that. I am looking into a either a CTS-V, g35. I haven't looked into the warranty/problems on any of these yet. I want to go with someone that will offer service like BMW, without the price. I hate the hassle I get with Toyota, Hyundia never give me that much of a problem, but their cars suck imo. If it's broke, fix it! damn! We'll see...

·
Registered
74 Posts
F35-JSF said:
She should be revered as a very smart woman, heed her advice.
I agree. Sell that thing. You will have problems over and over with the transmission. And then they will try to deny your warranty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts