NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wondering for those of us who does mods to our celis would that void our toyota warranty? like lambo doors, adding rims etc... cause i have an alarm system in my celi and i think the warranty on the alarm system is good for life of the car so i dont want to void that... how long is the warranty good for on the celis anyways??? just wondering about this before the modding in case something goes wrong so it would be nice to be covered under a warranty.....

·
Registered
386 Posts
i think that most mods dont necessarily void the warrantee.. but they may give you hell at the dealer... etc. i think they have to directly prove that the modifications caused the problem..

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
i have an aftermarket alarm.... but i havent had any electronic problems... just a blown rear speaker who's screw popped out. they put it back in and everythign is fine.

although... also had a problem with reverse or soemtihng on transmisison. it thumped. blamed it on oil change people... the bill was like 30 bucks... dunno if that helps at all, probably not. but i tried :D

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
well you do know that the case is that they will quickly blame some mod for problems that arise with your car. In which case its no longer them having to prove that it caused it but rather you are responsible for proving that it wasn't the cause of the problem. But most parts just void the warranty of the part it replaced..

Suspension such as doing your own shocks/springs I would say fvoids your suspension warranty, CAI voids your intake warranty and you get the idea

·
The Original 1zz Fanboy
3,774 Posts
Most bolt-ons won't void your warranty. It isn't supposed to void the warranty unless it was the cause of the problem. And I'm not sure about the regular warranty but, the extended warranty is 7 years or 100,000 miles.

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
They can only void the warranty if they can prove that the aftermarket part caused the problem. I just had my transmission replaced and they didn't say one word about any of my mods. Also, the basic warranty is 3 years, 36,000 miles and the powertrain warranty is 5 years, 60,000 miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts