NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I recieved a recall letter for my 2000gts. The letter basically says that the daytime running lights are to bright and people may not see your turn signal and hit you. It says that Toyota will install a resistor for free to fix this. Are any of you guys going to take your celica in? Im not sure if it is worth letting the monkeys at Toyota to crawl all over my car just to dim the lighting.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
you know it dont matter if the lights are bright or dimmed there are a bunch of idiots out there that dont look and get in a hurry and pull out or cut you off on the damn highway and once they get thier piece of crap car out on the road in front of you then they drive 2 mph . also why did it take them 5 yrs to find this ??
p.s i get people pull out in front of me all the time

pss isnt there a post on this site that tells you how to turn the daytime running light off ?

·
Registered
401 Posts
I had it done. It didn't really make a difference but waste 2 hours of my time.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
its weird cause i just got the recall too. I read everywhere that people got this done a few years ago, i was wondering why i just got it too. But i already did the drl and auto-on mod so im not sure what to do. Im gonna rewire the wires back to stock and see if they say anything.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I got the recall letter too, but I had disabled my DRLs a few weeks after buying the car. I hate the way those things look.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I got the same recall plus a master cylinder recall and I got them both taken care of b/c if I didn't Toyota was not going to uphold my warranty. It really doesn't matter its free and makes the people at the dealership happy.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have never taken mine in and the dealer sends me a notice once in a while.

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
i got the notice too. just disable them, its easier than letting toyota touch your car.

·
Registered
401 Posts
GTPhil said:
I got the same recall plus a master cylinder recall and I got them both taken care of b/c if I didn't Toyota was not going to uphold my warranty. It really doesn't matter its free and makes the people at the dealership happy.
There's a recall on the master cylinder? Did anyone else have this done? I have a 2000 GT too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Filegro said:
I had it done. It didn't really make a difference but waste 2 hours of my time.

Amen!! I went yesterday to get mine done b/c I figured why not. I love how the paper said approximately an hour.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts