NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately i have been reading a few magazines and have been subjected to countless articles praising the 370z and the GT-R or the Evo's and STI's, and other japanese and foreign sports cars like these and it kind of got me thinking about how the engineers at Toyota feel about being "out of the race" so to speak. idk does anybody else think that maybe one of the reason's they havent produced a tough competition to these other cars is because they have been on the sideline for so long now and obviously the technology has improved so greatly, that they are intimidated by these other car manufacturers? i know that this has been talked about before but i haven't ever thought about it this way. what do you guys think?

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,866 Posts
They just like raking in money from commuter cars. Sports cars make nowhere near the same level of profit (if they even make any profit at all). They're mainly to lure people into the stealership to drool over them, then they take a look around at the other cars. Toyota doesn't have this problem. ;)

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Toyota just wants to build vechiles with good mpg and are friendly to the enviorment. I think they have the brains to build a super car but they are just going in another direction now. Hopefully they stop being pansey's again someday......

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
toyota some time this year were supposed to release the new supra but like they said its supposed to be a hybrid lol lame. waste of a supra

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
I don't think they can top the Mkiv Supra...ever
They can, technology has advanced a lot since 1993. ;)

I'm not complaining too much, at least they are still active somewhere in sports. They have kept the F1 team alive despite some pretty off seasons and now they are showing some promise.

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
Toyota and Honda have both been forthright in saying their futures lie in green vehicles - they've both taken their teams off any sports car design and put them into hybrid and alternative propulsion research.

Hell, Honda even scrapped their F1 team.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Toyota can build a strong tough sport car anytime they like but they're more focus on reeling in the money from making gas efficient economy cars :(

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
i'm sure they can make a great sprts car. isn't the new supra suppose to be a 450hp hybrid :chuckles:

·
Banned
9,353 Posts
Every aged hippie wants a hyrid car because it "helps the enviorment".

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
I keep waiting to see how they're going to sport up the Camry since they have it in Nascar. *Laugh*

·
Registered
140 Posts
They can, technology has advanced a lot since 1993. ;)

I'm not complaining too much, at least they are still active somewhere in sports. They have kept the F1 team alive despite some pretty off seasons and now they are showing some promise.
I know technology has advanced a lot but for me the Mkiv was and is remarkable

·
Registered
709 Posts
All of Toyotas money or "Sports cars" are all aimed towards Lexus now :'(...unaffordable according to my wallet...

·
Premium Member
11,002 Posts
I <3 TOYOTA! :love:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.