NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wrote a PM to Easy-C but I bet he is a busy person these days, so here is my thread to get my questions answered. I have a 2001 GT-S.

Does the intake come with or do we have the option of buying a bypass valve specific to the TPR intake. (to prevent hydrolock).

Does the intake come with or do we have the option of buying a heatshield/splashguard specific to the TPR intake.

I believe I read on another thread you could get a K&N filter for the TPR intake for additional cost, what brand is the one that comes with it?

What will be TPR's warranty policy?

What will be TPR's return policy?

As a general question I know some other intakes are carb certified, is there any reason to think the TPR intake would not pass emissions?

In another thread I read something about a generation 2 TPR intake, when will that be available? Will there be performance differences or cosmetic?

Teusday 9/07/04 I received my hondata intake manifold gasket and I will be installing it soon through my dealership. In your opinion, how well do you think this product will perform with the TPR intake or will it make any difference at all?

I will be making an intake purchase decision soon and want to know more about the product given I cant find a website with consolidated company information/pictures/dynos/product offering
etc etc etc.

I hope this thread can be re-cap of the other threads I have read as well as providing new information.

Thanks,
CF

·
Banned
4,595 Posts
I never received a PM????

there is no splash shield or bypass valve because this is a 2 piece design. You can easily convert to short ram if you are that concerned with hydrolock.

The K&N filter is now included with the price of the intake and its a custom filter made just for TPR

Blue will post a picture of the warranty card that is now goin to be included in all packages.

There are no returns unless the product is defective. I am a small company and do not have the funds to return

The intake is not carb legal, but it does pass emissions :) I got my emissions sticker with no problem

The gen 2 is all that is goin to be sold from now on, It will be made available probbly some time next week :)

It will perform just a smidgen better than other intakes as the new intakes are made of stainless steel and we all know steel is more resistant to heat soak than aluminum.

The web site should be up shortly i am working on that now

Sorry that your PM never got thru :-/

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by ColdFuzion
Does the intake come with or do we have the option of buying a bypass valve specific to the TPR intake. (to prevent hydrolock).
Bypass valves do not work on our cars. Our intakes are way shorter than the conventional 4 cylinder intakes (our engines are inverted, intake up front, exhaust in rear), so there is less room for piping. The water would just shoot past the bypass valve.
I will be making an intake purchase decision soon and want to know more about the product given I cant find a website with consolidated company information/pictures/dynos/product offering
etc etc etc.
Check my sig for dynos and comparisons with the other major intakes. Basically, TPR has the best overall power gains, and much better reliability than any other intake (no intake-related CELs or bogging, a problem that plagues a good percentage of intake owners, no matter the brand). Pics will be up whenever EasyC gets the prototype for approval. The rest of the info is listed in the group buy.
Originally posted by EasyC
The K&N filter is now included with the price of the intake and its a custom filter made just for TPR
:werd: It has more surface area than any other intake's filter, and has a built-in venturi to improve airflow by smoothing out the transition from filter to piping, and it helps accelerate the air.
Originally posted by EasyC
The web site should be up shortly i am working on that now
Me too. ;)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just read your 10 page group buy thread. Sounds like some good improvements are being made.

Would you consider making a heatshield/splashguard for the CAI intake ? Is it really needed, would it be helpful ?

Thanks,
CF

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Would you consider making a heatshield/splashguard for the CAI intake ? Is it really needed, would it be helpful ?
If you convert the CAI into an SRI, it's not needed, but if you don't want to take the time, you can get this spash shield for cheap ($18) if you're worried about hydrolocking:

http://www.2kracing.com/product_info.php/products_id/3494?osCsid=7f2085b15821ff93b0474604e4d258c8

During daily driving, the only thing it would do is keep dirt off the filter on one side, but it would also make removing the filter a bit more difficult (I've experienced it already :thumbdown ).

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the link and for answering my questions. I will be ordering an intake and this heatshield (or similar product) as soon as I see on the group buy thread that orders are being filled.

Thanks,
CF

1 - 6 of 6 Posts