NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I just want to say that on my phone so hopefully everything comes out the way it is supposed to. I got a bluetooth obd2 adapter for Christmas and have been playing with it and noticed With the key on engine off, it is reading 11.4% when I'm not touching the gas and at wide open throttle only about 82%. I thought it should be reading 0 and 100% throttle. I am getting codes for running lean and this just struck me as something I might want to look into. Is this a normal reading for our Celicas or do I have a problem? I get the same readings with the engine running and me driving. About 11% throttle at idle and foot to the floor only about 80 to 85%. I thought maybe the cable wasn't tight enough or there was garbage behind the pedal so I open the hood and manually opened the throttle body all the way and got the same result. Any ideas? It is a 2000 GTS

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,853 Posts
Your readings for TPS are normal.

Lean code is probably either a dirty MAF sensor, an aftermarket SRI/CAI causing inaccurate MAF readings, or a vacuum leak.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On the intake manifold, on the drivers side of it pointed toward the front driver wheel, there is a nipple that I have had plugged because it used to be open but I didn't know if it was supposed to be plugged or if a hose went to it so I plugged it. Other than that plugged nipple, there are no vacuum leaks. Give me a moment and I will get the vacuum reading

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,853 Posts
1693 means that the lift oil pressure sensor is not seeing pressure. It could be a broken wire on the sensor plug.

The manifold port should be plugged when there is an aftermarket intake installed.

If the 1st pic is at idle, the idle seems a bit high. I'd have to look up or compare the CFM reading vs. MAF voltage.

Can you post a pic of your intake area?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.