NewCelica.org Forum banner

261 - 280 of 287 Posts

·
Argentum Chaos Vae Victis
6,652 Posts
Ominous any updates?
The company that owns the forum is still looking into this. I informed them of this thread and they're keeping tabs on the info provided by his victims.

I'm also going to ask them to remove his sponsor title. No way he still deserves it.

I would also advise all of you to keep pushing your complaints through PayPal and your credit card companies. The more of you do this, the more of a chance you'll get that these companies will make an exception to their claim expiration policies and process your case.

·
6,652 Posts
After receiving approval from the owners of the forum, I have rescinded japukspares' status as sponsor and removed all his privileges.

I could also ban him, but I'll leave his account active so he can still receive PMs and emails from his victims. If he has a change of heart down the road, then that communication option will still be available.

His email is [email protected] , by the way, if it can help some of you to reach him.

Of course, any chance of him using his account here to sell is out of the question. Permanently. His activity will be monitored and any new created accounts banned on the spot.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
I tried . He's gone. I got my money back from paypal. Im waiting on a call back from my credit card company.

Make sure you guys put in a dispute.

I talked to my buddy and he said he's had 10+ disputes opened against him in the last 15 days.

·
6,652 Posts
Good.

·
6,652 Posts
I hope you get your refund.

I disabled japukspares' visitor messages and left a notice informing any new potential victim of his dishonesty.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey Xlela, if you need any further help you can always google it. That's what I did and i had my dispute in, in about 10 minutes.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Xlela you need to call and be very angry at the seller. PayPal will take care of the rest worked for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
6,652 Posts
Glad to see these refunds coming through! Well done, guys.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I had multiple smooth transactions with him. Then I bought a bumper with fog lights and when I received it, both fog light lenses were smashed and the bumper had a lot more damage then pictured when I purchased it, this was a year ago (2 days ago would have been a year ago exactly). Instead of getting a refund, he gave me a $120 "credit" towards any future purchases ($60 for the fogs and $60 for the extra damage to the bumper). I accepted the credit b/c I trusted him since he was a sponsor, I had 3-5 prior smooth transactions and he had multiple for sale threads still open. I told him I wanted to use the credit towards a digital HVAC unit and a GTS steering wheel. I would message him 2-3 per month checking up, 6 months go by and I finally get a message saying he has the GTS wheel and replacement fogs if I still need them. We agreed on $60 for the GTS steering wheel and he would throw the fogs in for free if I paid shipping (which was $32 or something like that). I should have seen this b/c he still technically owed me $60 more so why would I pay shipping? But he was owning up to his mistakes so I figured why not show him that I was willing to work with him. I received my package with a GTS wheel but no fogs, went to put the wheel on and it must have been from a RHD or not a celica b/c it didn't fit my celica, my friends celica or any of the local junkyards celica's. So at this point he owes me $150 I contacted him 3-4 times and haven't gotten a reply. The problem is, since he kept giving me "credits" I never really received any refunds. And now, 80% of the money I'm owed I sent to him a year and a few days ago with promises of discounts on future parts or replacement parts coming soon.

I want to open a dispute but on their website it says 180 days is the cutoff so I'm SOL. Any info on if I can still open a dispute and if I can, how?

·
Registered
946 Posts
To help with this, I need everyone who is still involved with japukspares to come forward in this thread and list below these details:

- Your username.
- The parts you ordered from japukspares and haven't received.
- The time of your order.
- The amount that you paid him for those remaining parts.
I didn't see this prior to my post but.....

Ucfbaseball24

1) 03+ bumper and fog lights w/ brackets:
Paid: $260
Date: 9/23/2014
Received: 2 smashed fog lights, very damaged bumper (damage beyond pictures and description)
Settlement: $120 credit. $60 which covered the damage to the bumper and another $60 which was his price for another set of fog lights w/ brackets and shipping.

2) GTS steering wheel and "free" replacement fog lights (just had to pay shipping)
Paid: $92 ($60 from my credit from the first "settlement" and $32 to cover shipping which is in my above post)
Date: 3/19/2015
Received: Leather wheel either out of a RHD GTS or another car, however it doesn't fit any US celica's so it's useless to me. Fog lights weren't in the package either.
Settlement: Tried contacting him multiple times but never heard anything from him.

Owed: $120 in credits towards future purchases which can no longer be made (he also technically owes me my $32 that I paid him for shipping for the GTS wheel and "free" fog lights since the wheel doesn't work on US celica's and no fog lights were received).

Total Owed: $150 but I'd be happy if I received just my $120 back.

Since it was a year ago, I don't have any of the messages, however I do still have the smashed fog lights and steering wheel in my garage so I guess that's something.

·
6,652 Posts
I want to open a dispute but on their website it says 180 days is the cutoff so I'm SOL. Any info on if I can still open a dispute and if I can, how?
Mention Japukspares by name. PayPal most likely has an sizable file on him, and depending on your circumstances, they might make an exception for your refund. Argue your case, it might be worth it.

·
6,652 Posts
Why would PayPal refund some, but not all? Point them to this thread; maybe that will help.

261 - 280 of 287 Posts