NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone wanna go to tracks say Friday or Saturday night? Reason I'm asking is that I'm too shamed to go alone, and I'm gonna get my ass handed to me (Auto GT-S) so I'd want it handed by a fellow celica. Just want to see where my car starts, I know, it's a shame I got auto but I just wanna see what she can do :-D

I'm the debadged black celica with dark tint :p

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm gonna go oct.09

didn't go past weekend because I went bowling instead. hey that's pretty good princess gts, everyone told me I'd be hitting 17's, but I'm gonna try take out my spare and passenger seat, maybe it'll help.

crazeeracerchic, is ur car yellow?

·
Registered
674 Posts
steak said:
i'm gonna go oct.09

didn't go past weekend because I went bowling instead. hey that's pretty good princess gts, everyone told me I'd be hitting 17's, but I'm gonna try take out my spare and passenger seat, maybe it'll help.

crazeeracerchic, is ur car yellow?
No I got the black one...When my friend clocked it he was running 16 one... I want him to get it down into the 15s though...

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
I just got back this week. It's been a long time since we've all been to the track... it's about time to go I think. Before I can go I have to tear apart my front suspension. I have a bar or something loose because the car is pulling to the side under hard throttle... and it isn't an alignment problem. I'm pretty sure that one of my C-ONE front underbraces is loose or not lined up correctly.

An auto GT-S should surely clock 16's easily. I ran a 17.3 in Deb's stock auto GT a couple of years ago haha.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I dunno thats what Ive heard but there were four other celicas out that night (including the yellow 2004 w/the new action package kit like mines) that we ran my new celica and everyone was running like 17s and 18s...

whats up with that??? Plus I know that 2 of them were definitely GTS's...

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
Pretty common here. I see alot of 6-speed GT-S's running slower times (high 16's to 18's)... it seems that alot of ppl don't know how to drive the car. If you're not shifting at 8300-400 rpm, you're not going to be running quick enough.

I guess that's why ppl around here tend to think that the GT-S is slow. With good tires and a cold night, a GT-S might actually be capable of pulling a 14 sec timeslip here at HRP. My last run on my shitty Nitto NT450s and 17's was a 15.1xx @ 93.xx mph with a horrible 2.6 60ft from burning the tires through 1st gear.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Originally posted by QWKsilvr808
Pretty common here. I see alot of 6-speed GT-S's running slower times (high 16's to 18's)... it seems that alot of ppl don't know how to drive the car. If you're not shifting at 8300-400 rpm, you're not going to be running quick enough.

I guess that's why ppl around here tend to think that the GT-S is slow. With good tires and a cold night, a GT-S might actually be capable of pulling a 14 sec timeslip here at HRP. My last run on my shitty Nitto NT450s and 17's was a 15.1xx @ 93.xx mph with a horrible 2.6 60ft from burning the tires through 1st gear.
Let's not forget Delo's famous 15.1 time bone stock.:gap:

·
Banned
751 Posts
I remember that one...vividly. Great run but the aftermath.<shudder>

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Originally posted by dsquared
no actually it was 15.4 with a 2.1 60 ft....i still have the timeslip =P

and yes, it was a very expensive run
Oops! My bad. I just knew it would have been an awesome bone stock run. :gap:

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
Originally posted by Dragncrosmember
What happned?
motor go kablooie! :faint:

We got under the front of my car last night and found that the lower control arm bolt has worked itself out and my Cusco and C-ONE bar on my passenger side were completely loose. I was lucky that the bolt hadn't come completely out and dropped the control arm on the ground while I was driving on the freeway. My car is running great again.

And after three years with no alignment, no rotations, and beating the shit out of the tires, my NT450's are finally starting to show some wear. I could actually rotate them and prolly get another two years out of them I bet, because the rears are still cherry.

Great tires if you want something that last long, but SUCK in the performance department.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
So when are you going to put on the Falkens anyway? lol! Those damn Nittos scream like crying dogs around high speed corners.

·
Banned
751 Posts
thought it was the trans that went kablooie

1 - 20 of 26 Posts