NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what grade our manual transmission fluid is? OEM i know MT-90 is good but i dont think it would hold up against canada winters...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,709 Posts
amsoil pure synthetic gl-5 bro. if you need to know where to get get it, there's a store next to the A street exit on 880. i think its called v-hubbard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oONoGoAutoOo said:
canda winters? are you moving archie?! or are you trying to find out for your sister? or are you keeping the celica? whats going on?!!
My celica went to my sister.....her silver celica i sold it to my folks and have to drive it to canada next week so im putting in a new clutch so wanted to make sure it runs cool.....

So now i drive a Honda Del Sol for commuting and S2K will stay in the garage.......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TRlPPlN said:
amsoil pure synthetic gl-5 bro. if you need to know where to get get it, there's a store next to the A street exit on 880. i think its called v-hubbard.
V-hubbard is one of the best automotive store ive been too...hee he ehe hee
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,597 Posts
83841 said:
oONoGoAutoOo said:
canda winters? are you moving archie?! or are you trying to find out for your sister? or are you keeping the celica? whats going on?!!
My celica went to my sister.....her silver celica i sold it to my folks and have to drive it to canada next week so im putting in a new clutch so wanted to make sure it runs cool.....

So now i drive a Honda Del Sol for commuting and S2K will stay in the garage.......
very nice archie. i guess its official. no more celica for archie. he's crossing over to the honda side!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,319 Posts
83841 said:
Does anyone know what grade our manual transmission fluid is? OEM i know MT-90 is good but i dont think it would hold up against canada winters...
Until last week, I've been running MTL in the GTS. It was for about 50k miles including being a mishift victim.
redlineoil said:
MTL is a low 70W at very low temperatures and a high 80W, nearly an 85W, at elevated temperatures, providing adequate viscosity to prevent wear and deaden gear noise. MT-90 is a thicker 75W90 version of MTL. The shear stability and oxidation stability of these products are excellent, thus the physical characteristics of Red Line MTL and MT-90 will change little with use.
We are supposed to use 75W90 GL-4.
MTL is lighter (70W80 gear (5W30/10W30oil)) vs. MT90 (75W90 gear (15W40 oil)).
<<<comparison chart>>>

dB
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top