NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there guys. i have a quick questions about an automatic transmission and i wanted to know if am on the right path as i have never worked with auto transmissions. i drove my girls celica and every time i shift into D it takes like 2 0r 3 secs to engage. also sometimes when you accelerate it feels and sounds as if its not engaging sort of like when the clutch is out and the you driving and floor it but the car dont move but the RPM go up. i am thinking that it is the transmission fluid that needs to be change. it has 96k miles and she is the first owner of the car. the fluid has never been changed everything else is been on schedulle. what do you guys think it is. i will change the fluid next week. is my diagnostic accurate?? thanks in advance

·
Registered
268 Posts
not sure if this is true, but i have heard once transmissions problems start happening changing the fluid doesn't really make it better, but i doubt it would make it worse. I'm sure someone who knows more abouit it will have some better input though

Jesse

·
Registered
138 Posts
Mine has always taken a second to switch to D, and when I floor it the RPM's go way up in a few seconds but it takes a bit longer for the car to start speeding up. Just recently though it has stopped switching into overdrive, so maybe we both have transmission problems and mines just worse. I'd change the fluid right away before more problems start happening, I've heard certain types of fluid are actually worse for used transmissions though so check around before you change it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.