NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a quick search but didn't find this, I think its been posted before but here goes:
My 5 speed GT has 50,000 miles on it and I haven't changed the transmission fluid. I talked to a service tech at a dealer and he wasn't sure about anything without looking it up but he said that it was basically just a drain and fill procedure. I already purchased my mobil 1 75W90 gear oil and looked at the tranny is there anything else I need to know. It's kind of a newbie question but I've never serviced the transmission before.
Thanks

·
Registered
246 Posts
TRANNY SERVICE

1) to answer your question
2) to warn everyone here!!

DON'T GO MORE THAN 15-30K WITHOUT GETTING TRANNY SERVICE! even if you have to pay to have toyota do it. my tranny jus exploded(literally) because after 54k i never got trans. service. i have a gt 5 spd and a new tranny costs $3,200. dealership would not warranty it because i did not have any service receipts for tranny. but the fukced up part is that the toyota service guy i talked to, when i had 39,000 miles, said i shouldn't need any maintenance until 60k! its his fault i never had any service done but its also my fault for getting caught up in modding the car not to service tranny. i do drive hard. but all in all i gotta fork out the dough and i jus wanna pre-warn everyone to watch out for their tranny! wish me (and my car) luck ya'll!

Bryse

·
Registered
645 Posts
yeah.. service guys r dumb fuks..
my service guy said dat for 2yrs... my first trans.oil change was @ 50,000miles..
those toyota dealers don't know shiet about our cars except their master techs..

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
first, what do you consider a service? just draining/refilling the fluid, or replacing the filter in the pan as well? second please mention if you are referring to stick/auto cause it makes a world of a difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts