NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
My TRD exhaust has the exact same problem.... I dunno how to bend the hangers. They are so strong+i'm scared it might break off.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Originally posted by Zensoku
My TRD exhaust has the exact same problem.... I dunno how to bend the hangers. They are so strong+i'm scared it might break off.
Not a chance! You can -and will have to- bang on those suckers with a hammer to bend them. Standard adjustment in the exhaust industry....butnot for production units. Their jig must have got messed up.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
You can also let a muffler shop center the exhaust tip for you. They will heat up the hanger, pull the tip towards the center, and your exhaust will be centered.

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
I have a pretty ghetto way. Mine does the same thing...I think all TRD exhausts do that. I went to Auto Zone and got a universal muffler hanger for $3. Then I bent it into the shape I wanted and mounted it to the bolt hole where the rear towing hook goes. Then I used a big worm gear clamp around the exhaust pipe. Mine stays nice and centered. Got the idea from autxr on this board :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts