Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
22,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<table align=center width=85%>
<tr> <td align=center><b><font size=+1>TRD Exhaust Install for 2000+ Celica GT-S 6-Speed</b> by Dave Mayer</font>
</td></tr><tr><td><br><br>
Since not many people seem to have actual installation pictures of Exhausts I figured I would post some.
<br><br>
I would highly suggest using ramps to get the back end of your car up, but if that is not available a jack and jack stands <
<br><br>
First thing to do is to remove the two bolts holding the existing muffler to the front pipe. (Circled in red). *NOTE* These bolts are EXTREMELY tight. I ended up using a impact drill to loosen mine. Again, if that isn

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ramps

hey i was wondering what is the max weight you can put on those ramps because the only ones i have seen are plastic. so will those work for the install

·
Registered
410 Posts
the plastic ramps are pretty good i have a pair myself im not sure of the weight it can hold but i tested them with my work truck (an 18 wheeler) but without the trailer. the truck weighs 22,000 pounds alone and only bent the sloped part of the ramp on the way up a little but returned its shape when i drove it off so i trust them pretty well.

·
Banned
1,944 Posts
i dont think so

·
Banned
1,944 Posts
hks

·
Banned
1,944 Posts
most cars have bolt on catbacks...idk why the celica has the cat welded to the midpipe

·
Registered
114 Posts
A few more installation tips.

1.For the rubber mounting I used wd-40 and truck a long flat head screwdriver to stretch out the rubber.Then I took out the screw driver and pulled on the hanger while my friend pushed on the exhaust.

2.When removing the exhaust off the hangers take off the drives side first.Also when putting the new exhaust on do the passengers side onto the hanger first.

3.It helps to have someone to pass you parts and catch the exhaust.It's a good idea to wear goggles while under the car.

·
Registered
332 Posts
i got a used trd exhaust, do the nuts attached to the springloaded bolts come off or do i need to get new ones? also, is there supposed to be a gasket on the flange in front of the muffler? i have one for the tailpipe flange. gotta get this thing on soon.

·
Registered
114 Posts
No I did'nt get a gasket for that either.I called Toyota and was told it does'nt come with one.So to be on the safe side I took some exhaust repair/ sealer stuff and rubbed it over the flange and let it harden.That way I'm sure no air is leaking.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.