NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
anyone know why they discontinued the fender flares in the states?

I ended up having to ask my buddy in Japan to send me a set. Couldn't find them anywhere in the US.

TRD Fender Flare:

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Originally posted by k2snownsk8
proally cause they were ugly... j/k ok. i think they discontinued all of that stuff cause there wasn't enough interest for it.
honestly, from the pictures i saw of them around the place i wasn't all that impressed, but then the other day i saw them on a Celica in person, and i couldn't believe it was the same flares,

they really looked sweet, thats why i try never to judge any appearance mod based on pics alone.

and they're made by Toyota of Japan, so fitment is almost guaranteed to be perfect.

courtesy of ecelica:

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Originally posted by PhatCellyGT
I've always thought the flares looked good on darker cars since the lines aren't as defined. White, Silver or any light color like that don't look good IMO
you might be right, but i'll risk it.

oh and that black Celi belongs to Mike Lu, here are some close ups of his flares:

flares look DAMNED sweet if you ask me, but prolly isn't everyone's cup of tea.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I have always loved those TRD Flares...when I find some at a reasonable price (group buy anyone?!??!?!), I will jump on it asap!!!

And DopeCelicaGT, you dont like trd flares but you like those nasty wide body ones?!?!!? ouch!

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
jdm-style said:
slowica...ur car is freakin AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fo real! Man slowica, love ur car, those rims are the shiznit! Where did u get them at, they are TRD rims right?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts