NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WEll I finally have my car together and so far everything is good. The clutch engages very quick and gives a very good launch. Previously had a TRD clutch I would say I like this one alot more but it sucks in traffic. My acceleration feels alot quicker but it could be the combination of both flywheel and clutch. I don't have wheel spin on fast acceleration anymore. I used mt 90 for my gear oil and shifting is very smooth.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I didn't install myself I don't have the right tools for that type of job and I was afraid to mess something up. I took it to toyota they charged me $474 and had to replace some other things they found bad in the trans. They found two bad bearings and a syncro total cost was $636 with tax. Some other shop gave me an estimate between $250-500 they said depending on the difficulty of the job. This was also a respectable shop but I felt safer taking it to toyota because they gave me the exact price for the install and I know I could take it back if any problems occured. I did do the flywheel and clutch install,wasn't hard most difficult part of that I would say is taking the trans down and putting it back up. Just so you know toyota did want to charge me over 1k if I handed them the car to do it but since I told them I had the trans out they gave me that other price.

· Registered
3,717 Posts
what kind of TRD LSD did you get?
mechanical or helical?
do you have a part# for it?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought the mechanical kind. I think thats the only type of lsd you can still get by TRD. I bought it from Ken at kinway.

· Registered
443 Posts
how much was the LSD, double meaning lol, and y did you get that one compaired to the monkey wrench one.

· Registered
3,717 Posts
will that require more maintanance, freqint tranny oil change? etc..?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bought the TRD lsd because it is alot cheaper I think the MWR is 1300 plus shipping,TRD is 820. I bought it with a flywheel, total cost was close to 1300 shipped. I don't think it requires more maintenance then the other lsd's well at least not that I have heard of. I guess if you want helical and a warranty I would say go with Quaife. If you just want something that will make a difference and is affordable go with TRD. No complaints here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.