NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a question. I plan on installin my aem cai this weekend and i know u gotta take the front bumper off from what ive read. Anyways, I was wondering if someone could tell me exactly how many nuts/bolts i gotta take off and where every single one is on the trd front bumper for when i install it.

Thanks,
-Greg

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
its pretty simple, there is about 5 little popout holders on the top, just follow along the top of the bumper and pop them out.
on the bottom there is 6 10-12mm nuts to take off the under plastics attatch to the bumper, but again very easy to remove, should be a 10 min job.
just remember to disconnect the side markers before you try pulling the bumper off.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Greg.. :nono: Can't believe you can't take off a bumper..

Like he said, should be 4 on top right under the hood, one in the fenderwell, and like 6 along the bottom IF your plastic's are still intact

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just wanted to know where they all were before i go yankin it off with one bolt still connected

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
side markers are key. i ripped the wires out before just yanking it off

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
There are 4 bolts on top plus the center one which is a pop out clip. There's like 6 I believe (or 8) on the bottom. Then one on each side of the front wheel well. Also becareful when you yank it out, be gentle so you don't accidently tear off the sidemarker wires.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
C'mon guys, no one's confident with their replies!

On top, there are four (4) bolts and one (1) clip in the center.

There is one (1) bolt on each side of the bumper. You have to turn your wheels and pull back the wheel well plastics to gain access, and you will need a deep socket.

On the bottom, there are three (3) bolts on each side, and four (4) nuts in the center.

To sum up:
Top = 4 bolts and 1 clip
Sides = 2 bolts
Bottom = 6 bolts and 4 nuts

And, like everyone else said, don't forget to unplug your sidemarkers.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Small sugestion, put a shield infront of the filter. The TRD bumper has large holes and if it rains alot, the filter gets wet very fast. I did this and solved this problem.

If you want I can post pics of it.

Also, paint the shield black if what you are using isn't for a cleaner look.

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SirCharlesC7 said:
Small sugestion, put a shield infront of the filter. The TRD bumper has large holes and if it rains alot, the filter gets wet very fast. I did this and solved this problem.

If you want I can post pics of it.

Also, paint the shield black if what you are using isn't for a cleaner look.
post pics, i planned on makin a shield with sheet metal that i saw in an install thread. let me see yours.

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
you might want to extend your drivers side sidemarker lights while you are in there. Reinstalling the harness to the sidemarker is a little more difficult once you stick the intake pipe in the path of a very short wire. I made 6" extensions and it made taking off and putting the bumper back on so much easier. I used to have to fight to get my sidemarkers back secure on the drivers side.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
LightningRod said:
C'mon guys, no one's confident with their replies!

On top, there are four (4) bolts and one (1) clip in the center.

There is one (1) bolt on each side of the bumper. You have to turn your wheels and pull back the wheel well plastics to gain access, and you will need a deep socket.

On the bottom, there are three (3) bolts on each side, and four (4) nuts in the center.

To sum up:
Top = 4 bolts and 1 clip
Sides = 2 bolts
Bottom = 6 bolts and 4 nuts

And, like everyone else said, don't forget to unplug your sidemarkers.

haha you're right, I forgot there is actual bolts on the top of the bumper, the pop out holders are holding the engine plastics on.. over that. oops lol

·
Registered
312 Posts
Here you go:

Now everything is painted black. It's incredebile how 3 years of everyday use can damage a car. Now it's fixed!:D

·
Registered
186 Posts
i didnt have to take off my TRD bumper to install my AEM CAI. but u do have to remove the fender well and cut some plastic near there to stick in the filter.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Just buy a heatshield off Ebay if you don't want to make a ghetto one from scratch. You can even find one at Pep Boys for 20 bucks.

·
Registered
312 Posts
ragingpaseo said:
SirCharlesC7 said:
It works and no one can see it, so who cares!
wow, everybody is very touchy touchy these days... :chuckles:
I didn't take it personaly buddy. Not always easy to really understand the feeling in a sentence on the web.

I could's find a shield that I liked around here, so I made one that fited my need.
Like I sais, no one can see it and it works, so who cares how it looks like!:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts