NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have for sale an TRD Helical LSD installed in a 6sp tranny with 10k miles. The tranny recently had some problems getting into 6th gear, it turns out something wrong with the driveshaft but I went in the route of replacing the tranny with another used one with the intention of selling the car, and then the LSD/Tranny seperately to pay for the costs.

What you get:

- Excellent condition TRD Helical LSD (real TRD for Celica and not from MRS)
- Tranny with 10k miles (everything from 1-5 gear is awesome like new, 6th gear had some prob but I think it was because of driveshaft)

What I'm asking for: $800 picked up locally. I will guarantee the LSD to be in perfect working condition.

[email protected]

·
Registered
529 Posts
Thats the better LSD that TRD made?? There was a clutch pack type that I had, before I went Quaife. I am building a motor outside my celica... let me know what you know about that Helical type LSD.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmm, let me know if you consider shipping. so nothing wrong with the tranny?
My tranny was relatively new. It was a warranty replacement which I babied for 10k miles. Best fluids, and careful shifting.

I had my shop installed the TRD LSD, right after the install, I could not shift into 6th gear. Instead of pulling things apart, I opt to put in a used replacement tranny since i just want to sell the car.

So my assessment is that the shop fudge up the install of the 6th gear since you need to remove it to get to the LSD. Whatever they fudged up may need to be fixed --it may or may not need any new parts. All I can safely say is that 1-5th gears and synchros are excellent.

What you getting from buying the LSD is a complete tranny that goes along with it. If you have an existing tranny, it might be worthwhile and also same/less work to just take off your 6th gear parts and transfer it to mine since 1-5th gear is good.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats the better LSD that TRD made?? There was a clutch pack type that I had, before I went Quaife. I am building a motor outside my celica... let me know what you know about that Helical type LSD.
I had the TRD clutch pack before and while it performs well, ultimately I replaced it with the TRD helical for worry free driving, esp for Autocross. I built this car for autocross but sadly I didnt even have a chance for even 1 run.

The Quaife is great and bullet proof, I bought the monkeywrench quaife knockoff before getting the TRD helical. The Quaife is a solid piece, probably overbuilt and seems heavier. They probably use a cookie cutter design to built a LSD to handle a 4000lb, 800hp cars and use it on the Celica that does not need the extra heft. Im not knocking on the Quaife, they're awesome.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I meant $800 shipped, not $80.
Speck102, thanks for the offer. At first it looks reasonable but when I did the math it came down to:

$800 - $25 paypal fee - $25 rubbermaid container and packaging - $115 shipping = $635 for me to give up a tranny and a Helical LSD. This is more than $100 less than if someone were pick it up locally.

I want an even $700 in my pocket after all fees and everything. I think that's fair to ask.

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
I want an even $700 in my pocket after all fees and everything. I think that's fair to ask.
did the math it came down to:

$800 - $25 paypal fee - $25 rubbermaid container and packaging - $115 shipping = $635 for me to give up a tranny and a Helical LSD. This is more than $100 less than if someone were pick it up locally.

Sounds fair to me as well, however if you change your mind just shoot me a PM.

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Oh no, I wouldn't be able to do my own work.I don't know the first thing about opening a tranny. If you have another buyer, sell it, bu you can keep me as a backup in case no one bites. No hurry.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts