NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some suggestions guys. Right now, I would tend to buy the ACT w/ fidanza flywheel cause they are both available at a same store I found (titan). And at a resonable price.

I have read some nice reviews of the RPS one tho. But, I`m affraid that the TRD one wont be as `sport` oriented as the others.

Lemme know, need to decide pretty fast ..

·
Registered
659 Posts
i would vote for the RPS. i myself have a ACT street clutch--and it works just fine--but i've heard nothing but good things about the RPS clutch. my next clutch is going to be RPS.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any place carry fidanza AND RPS?? I`m looking for a store in est-america for faster shipping ..

RPS looks to have more grip while not being too stiff. I`m started to be convinced about RPS :)

·
Registered
659 Posts
danGTS said:
Any place carry fidanza AND RPS?? I`m looking for a store in est-america for faster shipping ..

RPS looks to have more grip while not being too stiff. I`m started to be convinced about RPS :)
here you go: http://www.suprastore.com/cluttranflyw.html

they are somehow affiliated with titan but i don't know how. they are in florida also. ACT, Blitz, Fidanza, TOMS, TRD, RPS, take your pick :gap:

their prices rock also :headbang:

i don't see the RPS MAX street clutch on the site (they have the street 6-puck and the normal street clutch) but i'm sure if you call them, they can get you a good price on the MAX street clutch.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does every one that buy RPS clutch buy the max street one?? What about the street one?? I want it drivable ya know ..

And since, the job will be done at the dealer, do we have everything needed included? Like we prolly need a new clutch bearing ...

·
Registered
659 Posts
i think the max street is the most popular. but i see that you do a lot of racing and the 6-puck(which is streetable) MAY suit you better. both models hold way more power than the GTS creates so i think it's an issue of how much peace of mind you want vs. how much ache your left foot can handle :gap: but that's just my opinion--which doesn't mean very much because i can't tell you the exact advantages of a 6-puck disc. :monkey:

but what i can tell you with confidence is that you will be satisfied with either clutch.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I have the act street disc and I hate it. I'm changing it as soon as I can afford it.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
they supposedly hold more torque and may bite harder on engagement. But I think Boosted 2.0 has a 6 puck and he says it is very streetable. So it generally depends on the friction material of the 6 puck or the brand as to how it will feel.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Titan and suprastore don`t have the fidanza flywheel in stock right now (they don`t have any flywheel in fact) .. I guess I`m stuck .. need to find a solution very fast ..

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I found a Spec clutch / fidanza combo available at the same place. How about the SPEC products?? Are they good?? They also carry ACT but not RPS :(

SpEC or ACT?

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
Have you tried Monkey Wrench? they carry both im sure...and they have their own Flywheel.....

I had the ACT street disk and HD plate...it held up just fine with the turbo....I really like how it grabbed right off the floor...hardly any play in it...good for launching...i need to go to the 6 puck now for all the power ill be making....

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
My Clutchmasters Stage 3 was good while it lasted. It grips so hard it only lasts 20k miles on the street. But it was pricey in the $500 range. I want to hear people speak up about the Centerforce Dual Friction b/c I suspect it may be the best deal at $309.

On your flywheel you have to decide if you want to go chromoly or aluminum. A chromoly you can resurface maybe 2 or 3 times, maybe more, then you have to get a new one. An aluminum you have to get a new friction surface, about $100, every time you change the clutch. If you have someone install your clutch you might want to go chromoly since they usually throw in the resurfacing as part of the install. If you do it yourself, you might want to get the aluminum and replace the friction surface yourself.
I am happy with the Clutchmasters Flywheel at 9lbs, not too heavy and not too light. The only other aluminum flywheel in the 9 lb range is RPS at 9.5 lbs.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I am getting the max clutch installed on monday along with the monkey wrench flywheel. They do sell both the rps clutch and fidanza on their site too. I will let you know what I think when I get it on monday.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, I thought monkeywrench was in the west coast. I've just realized they are in Philadelphie, which isnt far from Champlain NY at all (the warehouse I ask them to ship it ..)!! Well, it's relative of course ..

I have e-mailed monkeywrench and hope to get my answer soon. Unfortunatly, we are the weekend right now. It needs to be shipped on monday and received on tuesday end of pm. I promised the dealer he would have the parts wednesday early morning ..

I'll pm matt from MW just in case he goes on this site this weekend ..

Thank you for the help!!

·
Registered
285 Posts
MWR in Phili? I thought they were in Michigan? This isn't a typo mening Phili, Pa is it? Hell the other Phili can't be far off from me. I'll take a drive up or down and see what they can do for $2000 in cash.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
the Centerforce Single Disk was apparently used in the Celicas in this year's Long Beach Grand Prix, TRD Pro/Celebrity Race.
I still want that video to download! Where is it BlueBomber? please...

I did a search,
here is stubbs opinion on the Centerforce brand in general:

Check if Centerforce makes a dual friction clutch for your car its all I use, and have had them in My Stang, Vette and CRX as well as many friends imports and domestics, they are quite simply the best there is, period. Others come and go but Centerforce always is around, just be sure to use a SS throwout bearing if you go with them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts