NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone shed some light for me? What is the difference between the two? Are they the same? I do believe that the JDM OEM ones have the bluish tint on the inside but how about the TRD JDM. If you have pics, it would help!

I am in the market for a set. Best Ive been quoted is 600 + 50 tax + 50 freight total of 700 since I am in CA from Toysport.com Any better deals? Thanks.

Henry

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
celiboy07 said:
Can someone shed some light for me? What is the difference between the two? Are they the same? I do believe that the JDM OEM ones have the bluish tint on the inside but how about the TRD JDM. If you have pics, it would help!

I am in the market for a set. Best Ive been quoted is 600 + 50 tax + 50 freight total of 700 since I am in CA from Toysport.com Any better deals? Thanks.

Henry
There are five sets of headlights for the 7th gen Celica that I know of.

Us spec 00-02 - your stock headlights, low bubble bulge
Us spec 03+ - same, but with increase in bubble bulge to allow room for HID option
JDM spec - looks just like our stock headlights, but aim down and to the right
TRD - Just like our stock headlights 00-02, but black housing and tinted lens
TRD Sports M - Different housing that is a solid fill in that holds 3 projector style lights in it.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
trd jdm headlights= tinted black with bluish tint inside and turn signal looks different

jdm oem headlights= non tinted non bluish tint but with different turn signals

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay so you guys are saying that both of these are TRD JDM correct since they are tinted.

I have not yet seen the JDM OEM that is NOT tinted but has the different turn signals. I dont care about the beam pattern.

Henry

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
celiboy07 said:
Okay so you guys are saying that both of these are TRD JDM correct since they are tinted.

I have not yet seen the JDM OEM that is NOT tinted but has the different turn signals. I dont care about the beam pattern.

Henry
Yep, they're both tinted JDM lamps.

Here's a pic of a C-ONE Celica with the plain JDM OEM lights:

not the best pic, but it'll do. :)

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QWKsilvr808 thats what I needed to see! Yeah those are JDM. Now the pictures above are not TRD right? Just JDM Tinted?

Henry

·
Registered
928 Posts
TRD JDM should be the option on the TRD M sport Celica, which is different that normal JDM head light.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts