NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a '00 gts with the trd body kit. I put on some Bridgestone S03 tires yesterday and decided to get the TRD lowering springs installed today. When I picked up the car, they said everything went well (fronts anyway) except the rears need new cambers. The installer said something about the tires being negative .5 degrees out of aligntment because of the factory cambers. If you look closely, my rear tires are slightly tilted inward at the top. The last thing I want to do is wear these six hundred something dollar tires out so fast. I remember some people who posted in the past had this problem, but I also recall many people saying that the TRD springs still allow the car to be aligned back to factory specs. I gotta drive 500 miles from Sacramento to San Diego tomorrow...so I don't know what to do now. The installer recommended that I order rear cambers from Hotchkis but I wanted to make sure I consult you guys first. Besides, I don't have the money for that anymore. Do you guys think that if I went to a toyota dealer they'd be able to align it back to normal? I appreciate all your information and help. Damn, this just ruined my day...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn, after reading some older threads about the springs and rear camber, i'm completely confused. I read of people saying that the rear fully adjusted still has a slight negative camber (which is what I have), but I also read about people who say the rear camber is FULLY ADJUSTABLE (something about a third cam bolt). Could someone, anyone please clarify this for me? Also, can someone explain the crash bolt to me. Is that what I need so that my rear camber is correctly aligned? How does the crashbolt affect performance?

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
I put the TRD springs on my car, took it to a alignment shop 3-4 months later, and they didn't move ANYTHING.

It was DEAD ON . I did the install by myself.

I'm not sure WTF they are talkin about . And even WITH the TRD springs you should ABSOLUTELY be able to correct any negative/positive chamber that you have.

for cryin out loud people are getting it adjusted with the TEIN's on

1 - 4 of 4 Posts