NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was just wondering if I could get some feedback from those of you who have TRD Lowering Springs. I know it's only a 1" drop in the front, but are you guys scraping? How was the tread affected on your tires? Thanks for the comments guys.

·
Registered
382 Posts
a lot of it depends on what kit you have. if you have the action package/WW kit for example I think you'd be better off going lower

I've got the kam kit and the trd drop is just right for me... I very rarely scrape during daily driving

depends on where you live as well

lastly... it drops a little lower then 1"... I've read of it settling even lower then that from some people

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Depends on where you are driving... just use your judgement and take it slow or take it at an angle... like some parking lots here are high up and it's pretty steep getting out of the lot... just be careful...

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
i havent hit anything, then again im in florida, there isnt any hills..., just pot holes... you should have decent clearance for speed bumps, and small inclines.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for your info guys. Got some bad news today. Went to install the trd springs on my '00 gts (with trd kit) and they said something like I need rear cambers because I'm .5 degrees out of alignment in the rear because factory cambers won't adjust or something like that. Did you guys have a problem like that? I didn't want to spend any more money for now and now this happens. I also have to drive 500 miles tomorrow back to San Diego. I would appreciate all your help. I also just installed new Bridge S03's yesterday.......this sucks. Since they are TRD springs, shouldn't they somehow adjust to factory parts?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
After install my GT was 100% in spec.
It shouldnt need any camber adjustment. well not that drastic anyways.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Damn, after reading some older threads about the springs and rear camber, i'm completely confused. I read of people saying that the rear fully adjusted still has a slight negative camber (which is what I have), but I also read about people who say the rear camber is FULLY ADJUSTABLE (something about a third cam bolt). Could someone, anyone please clarify this for me? Also, can someone explain the crash bolt to me. Is that what I need so that my rear camber is correctly aligned? How does the crashbolt affect performance?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Slidahz, I have had the TRD springs with my stock struts for two years now. I own a 2000 GT. I believe they are the best compromise if you run a daily driver. The drop is not as low as Progressive or Hotchkis, but if you live in the NE, and get snow, you really don't want to go lower. I have had zero problems with bottoming, aside from some insidious speed bumps at the local mall. That happened once only. :) My tire wear has been very good, in fact after the drop, my alignment is still within spec. I would recommend that if you do the springs you also do the shocks, as my GT became "bouncy" after about 8 months. I am currently looking to move to TOKICO shocks as the price is right, especially compared with TRD shocks and KONI's. (600.00 compared to 1000.00 CDN) My car is a commuter not a racer, hence the choice for the less expensive option. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I just got TR Don my car a few weeks ago. did the install myself. I havent had any problems with scraping, bottoming out or anything like that. if you get an alignment you should be fine in terms of tread wear.
I think they are a great deal. GO WITH IT!

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
uhh get an alignment done duh;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.