NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my car back from the shop yesterday :applaud: and will be changing my oil sometime next week. Is the Trd oil filter worth the extra $$? If so where can I get them from for cheap?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I kind of wanted to try some type of performance filter since I will be hitting the track in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
284 Posts
TRD oil filter is excellent and they are much smaller compared to the stocky one. Make sure u get the Jap version if u are3 willing to spend extra $ :thumbup:

·
Registered
949 Posts
ok... explain why the jap one is better if your going to tell the man to spend extra on it.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Isnt the Japanese version like $35?, thats just to much for me I know that the u.s version runs around $10 and is probally close to the same design< but where can I get it?. I think I may also consider the K&N filter also only $10 and a whole sh*tload easier to find.

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
i think the trd jap version has a better particle filter than the trd usa

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
would it be beneficial to use the GTS filter on the GT for better flow?

woudn't it be better in general to use a bigger filter?

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
using a larger filter would work...although I dont really think its going to help you for flow. Your motor is designed to run with a standard volume filter, if you put a bigger one on it will lower your oil pressure because its bigger. Probably wont hurt anything...but you never know.

·
Registered
284 Posts
TRD jap compared them with the stock oil filter. According to the graph, the trd has 18kpa as oppose to 25kpa to the stocky. The test is run at 80 degree c using SAE#30.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
vegeta4ss said:
using a larger filter would work...although I dont really think its going to help you for flow. Your motor is designed to run with a standard volume filter, if you put a bigger one on it will lower your oil pressure because its bigger. Probably wont hurt anything...but you never know.
I might be wrong, but I would not think it would lower the oil pressure. It might take a bit longer to build up pressure on start up. :shrugs: But I know for a fact that it's the same filter that I used on my 91 Corolla 1.6.

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
go try it out..you wont tell if you dont have a gauge though. I saw it happen on a tundra one day where i used to work. Wasn't much of a diff but there was a little.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts