NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't decide what I want to do susp. wise. I really don't want to lower the car that much because it is a daily driver. Can you guys give some pros and cons for both, specifically TRD springs and TRD struts vs Tein coilovers. I have a house in the mountains of Tenn. and the driveway is very slopped. I don't know that much about the Tein coilovers, but can they be raised to factory height?And also what is needed besides the coilovers?
Thanks

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
i would recommend going with the tein suspesnion plus you can also adjust dampering and ride height but on the other hand trd drop is barely noticeable.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Dido.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Does anyone know if fully raised with the Teins is close to factory height? And what the quality of the ride is?

·
Registered
917 Posts
I think that both ride height and dampening can be set to stock settings with the Teins.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
why spend so much money on coilovers just so you can DROP your car? just buy the springs and struts and be done with. if you don't plan on racing your car, go the cheaper way, and it's not always bad and when I say racing I don't mean street racing or drag racing.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I'm getting the TRD spring/ shock combo because I'm getting the Kam Kit and I don't want to scrape. But I would get Tein's or JIC's for the handling it I had the $$$.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I believe Teins are a shortened shock body and are still shorter than stock height when at their maximum setting.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks again guys. With the Teins I believe the max height is about 1/2 an inch lower than stock, according to there web site.

why spend so much money on coilovers just so you can DROP your car?
The thing I like about the coilovers is that you can not only lower your car, but you can raise your car back to almost factory height. This is important to me since I have a daily driver and also take long road trips in my car.

·
North East OG member
12,472 Posts
TW00Si said:
why spend so much money on coilovers just so you can DROP your car? just buy the springs and struts and be done with.
ride quality!!!! IMO there is no better ride quality that full coilovers. the springs and struts will still give off a bit of a bumpy ride. god forbid if u go over a pot hole

1 - 11 of 11 Posts