NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As with anything I want to do to a car, there are issues.

The brand new TRD bar, when the bolts for the seat backs are in place, though loose, does not meet the cross piece that goes across the bottom behind the seats where I'm to drill two new holes. There's perhaps up to a 1/4" of space AND there's more space between the plate and the car body towards the back of the seats then on the hatch side. I suppose I could get some piece of plate but it wouldn't be fixed to the crosspiece either so that won't be very effective. All the flex will have a pivot point on the two new holes I'm going to drill and the cross piece ain't gonna help.

Interestingly, the picture from the install seems to show some air, also, but can't tell from this angle:

Anyone have experience with this and/or decent advice?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, in poking around, I see that the forum's guide (at least the one I found with Google search) says to loosely put in the bolts for the seatbacks and then mark the two holes for the floor cross piece. The TRD instructions say to line up the flange that goes on the floor cross piece without any bolts and mark. I think I'm going to work with the latter and basically tighten things up slowly from bolt to bolt and bring everything in that way.

The top of the flange that goes on the floor cross piece bothers me, though. As I could see some vibration, etc. coming from contact with the top of the floor cross piece. I think I'll put some dynamat under it to prevent anything like that. And it won't be seen, either.

Wish me luck!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Did you finish the install?

Approximately how much room is between the bar and the back of the seat?

It appears the amp mounted to the back of my seat may be in the way.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Did you finish the install?

Approximately how much room is between the bar and the back of the seat. It appears the amp on the back of my seat may be in the way.
I recently installed one, take your pointer finger, middle finger and index finger side by side, the width of that is about how much space you have from the bar to the seat. I am assuming if you install an amp on the back of your rear seats, it might be tight if you install them high up, if you install them lower, closer to the trunk tray, you should be ok, but don't quote me 100% on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts