NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TRD Short shifter GT & GT-S models?

Will a TRD shortshifter for a GT-S work on an 03 GT? Or are there different models? I know they changed the shift gates on the GT-S but I think they stayed the same on the GT right?

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
The GT's are all the same so it will work just fine. Only diff is when you have a '02-up GT-S. But then it also works but you have to take the rod out and put it into your stock base.

·
Registered
61 Posts
03 Short Shifter

The TRD shifter is good up to May of 2001. After that, you can make it fit into a lot of places, but TRD doesn't recommend it and do you really want to have to "make it fit"? TWM makes one of the best shifters and they aren't expensive. Discounted with free shipping on www.trdsparks.com TWM also has an adjustable, polished, weighted, stainless steel knob that you might like. It's on the site too. Hope that helps.

Ken

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
Originally posted by Sparks
The TRD shifter is good up to May of 2001. After that, you can make it fit into a lot of places, but TRD doesn't recommend it and do you really want to have to "make it fit"? TWM makes one of the best shifters and they aren't expensive. Discounted with free shipping on www.trdsparks.com TWM also has an adjustable, polished, weighted, stainless steel knob that you might like. It's on the site too. Hope that helps.

Ken
I had a TWM in my '03 and hated it. Its too low and it had problems going into gear. I have a TRD shifter in the stock '03 housing and love it.

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
Originally posted by Sparks
Okay, I'm glad it works for you. Some don't like the TWM because the drop is too large, that's why they made that tall knob. Later

Ken
I just wish they would make some different size shifters. The one they have is way to short.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I just recently put hte trd rod into the stock housing on my 02' gt-s.. it's perfect for me.. i know others with the twm, they like it, but when i first drove it, it was a bit to short for me... and to hard to get into gears.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts