NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a TRD smoke fuel door, but I have no idea how to install it, since the instructions R in Japanese. I was hoping that someone out there might either have done this or know how to do it. Pix would B great.
Thanx

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Easiest thing to do is take it to a speed shop/bodyshop and pay 10 bucks to have them install it. Otherwise, just drill out the stock rivets, rent a rivet gun and pop them in yourself.

Good luck

·
O.G. Original Gluesniffer
8,944 Posts
The pictures on the instructions pretty much explain everything, unless you are severely mechanically challenged. Remove gas cap, rubber boot and ring, drill out factory rivets (2), install lid and pop in the new supplied rivets. Put everything back the way you took it off. Takes about 15-20 minutes tops.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I did the same thing as 2001SilverGTS. Only cost me 5 bucks and only takes a few minutes to install.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Stress said:
what is the point of removing the rubber ring? i didn't do it when i installed mine
How else are you going to remove the drilled out rivets?

Of course, yopu can just let them drop into oblivion inside
your quater panel, never to be seen again. :D

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
That's What I did! It's a really easy install. 1/4 in. Metal drill bit, and a rivet gun is all you need. Drill out the rivets on the stock fuel door then Hold the TRD Fuel Door in place and pop the new rivets in. That's it

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
What damhn rubber thing are u all talking about, I don'thave a rubber thing around the rivets on my car at all, so I am lost???? help!! This is a real easy install but I was just trying to figure out what rubber thing u all are talking about, mine is already installed but I don't remember anything about a rubber thing!! Thanks!!

Justin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts