NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking around EVERYWHERE on how to take off my TRD spoiler (2003) and everyone has just been saying oh theres just two bolts you unscrew then it comes right off, or asks about how the holes will be covered.. The two bolts isn't the case for me i guess. I removed the two bolts, and pulled on the spoiler and it didn't budge. I found a picture that shows a TRD spoiler removed and it has some 5 holes in it. Are these for screws? Because i cant see or feel any other screws than the two I removed. Also, I've been hearing about double sided tape holding it on as well. Should i just remove the two screws then just beast it off by pulling? Literally in a fit of rage because of this. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
It's the double sided tape that's holding it down same happen to me when I first took it off. Do not try pulling it of it won't work you have to slowly pry it off while you cut the tape.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's the double sided tape that's holding it down same happen to me when I first took it off. Do not try pulling it of it won't work you have to slowly pry it off while you cut the tape.
so are the other holes pointless? Because thats wht i was thinking. and how did you cut the tape while prying it up?

·
Argentum Chaos Vae Victis
6,652 Posts

·
o-NO_oB-x
2,920 Posts
Use dental floss on a hot day. Works wonders.
or fishing line and little sister's hairdryer :thumbup:

i didnt try this with a TRD spolier, but i did it on an RSX-S. i assume it would be the same experience.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn I feel stupid. I was sitting there staring at the spoiler thinking what could I use to cut the adhesive and my best idea was cardstock..... wtf sometimes my brain just doesn't work. anyways thanks a million guys

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually, still having problems. Has anyone ACTUALLY taken one off that i can talk to? Seriously considering having a shop do it because its such a pain in the ass

·
o-NO_oB-x
2,920 Posts
Actually, still having problems. Has anyone ACTUALLY taken one off that i can talk to? Seriously considering having a shop do it because its such a pain in the ass
did u try a hairdryer or heatgun yet

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Took me about three hours when I did mine wasn't easy and as for the other holes your trunk will have nipples that align holes in the spoiler

·
Registered
462 Posts
^ what he said. basically it uses the same principles of debadging a car. the heat makes a big diff as it helps melt the glue/ adhesive. head the crevasse where the spoiler and trunk meet until your able to made the spoiler move or wobble with your barehands (granted not too much since it has wires and stuff inside) once it gets that hot, KEEP THE HEATGUN OR HAIR DRIER ON HAND and work your way through with the fishing line ( i recommend fishing line over floss as its stronger) and then use a buffer to remove the remaining adhesive off your car... its seriously really easy, not work paying the 100+ bucks to some shop to do something that'll take u 30 mins and a little elbow grease

·
is NSFW
6,093 Posts
did u try a hairdryer or heatgun yet
not yet, its around 70 degrees where i am. Does temperature make that much of a difference? I used fishing line and nylon thread. Both broke pretty quickly.
:faint:

apply the heat gun evenly in strafes.
dont keep it in one spot, youll end up fvcking up the paint.

·
Bye 2zz, hello 3sgte
1,864 Posts
I've removed one before. I took a knife to the adhesive tape thingy. But you can use a heat gun / hair dryer + fishing line also.

so are the other holes pointless?
No, the extra holes are for the wires from the 3rd brake light on the TRD Wing and some holes are for clips that are attached to the wing, they clip into the hole on the hatch. So you have to free those clips or break them.

everyone has just been saying oh theres just two bolts you unscrew then it comes right off,
Just to clarify there's two bolts on each side; four total.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts