NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw it in the wctoyota's webpage that the TRD Sportivo Suspension Kit costs $1450 which includes front and rear sway bars, struts, shocks and bushings.

However, if I purchase it sperately, the sway bars costs $400 while the struts and springs set costs $600

so $1450 - 600 - 400= $450 difference!!

I don't think that the bushings make up the $450 differece.

So my questions are:
1)So why should I buy the Sportivo Kit for such a higher price? Or shall I just get those sway bars, struts, springs seperately?

2) Also, if i have the sway bars, shocks, struts installed in a shop, how much should it costs? Since I heard that it is dangerous for a newbie to install the springs....

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
1.) Look for deals in other places or call David Draper at WC Toyota and ask him about this.

2.) - sway bars installation = appx. 50-80 bucks
- shocks = appx. 100-120 bucks
- struts = apprx. 100 bucks

Total on high side should be around 300 bucks for installation. Don't go to the dealer!!

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
i bought the TRD sportivo kit- the whole kit and lemme tell you- its sooo not worth the money. the springs only lower you car at most 1"- thats right, 1" freaking inch! the sway bars are a nice touch, but its such a pain to install the front one cuz you have to drop the engine cradle that installation will cost you an arm and a leg. The only thing i have left of my sportivo kit is the sway bars- i ended up getting new struts and went with Skun2 coilovers instead.......

·
Registered
371 Posts
the springs and struts are different than the ones you get seperately. Th sportivo is not for looks but for performance. Lowering springs can hurt performance if too low.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I will get coilover kits and the Hotchkis sway bars now.......
thinking about Tein, APEX, B+G.....etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts