NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok. so i am getting my springs in tomorrow. HOw much does it ususally cost to have them installed and how long does it take?
thanks

·
Registered
207 Posts
If you go to a dealership then they'll rape you with a inflated price around 500 or 600 dollars, but if you go to a speed shop then they'll install it for around 100-150 dollars. It'll take a couple hours usually at a shop.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So $150 is a goo price? I just had a guy from a local shop say he would do it for $150 as a side job. I think i will go with him. i doubt i will be able to get any cheaper?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I got 2 quotes for springs and shocks. $200 and $100. The $200 was from a "mechanic shop" and the $100 was from a "motor sports shop."

Isn't it best to wait a week or 2 to get an alignment done so that the suspension can settle first?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i would love to do it myself but i don't have the right tools and/or know how. so i guess $150 shouldn't be too bad. Why is the alignment necessary?

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
bah. I had the TRD springs on for a freaking year, went in to an alignment shop and the car was DEAD ON.

I'm not saying that's necissarilly the best advice but ..... ;)

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
I got mine done at a small shop for 50 bucks. So it is possible to find better deals. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts