NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im completely new to this...i have a Celica GTS...i was wondering if i could put a supercharger in there... from the toyota dealer ship...would it give it alot more power......or what else can i do to make it go faster....

·
Registered
99 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, TRD never released a supercharger for the GT-S. There are a lot of things you can do to make your cae faster, but read a lot of the posts around this forum to get an idea of what parts are out there and which ones are good before you go out and start buying things.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was just reading something on the TRD piston...and they were talking about 93 octane gas...i live in SF and we only have 91 octane gas at the gas station....if i do any other upgrade would i need to purchase better gas?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I doubt you would need to go higher than 91 octane gas with just bolt ons, but I'm not sure about that. If you do need better gas, I'd like to know as well since none of the stations around me have higher than 92.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Intake, header, exhaust, ect. Anything that doesn't really require much work to install. Non bolt ons would include turbo/superchargers, pistons, cams (even though there aren't any for our cars right now), ect.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh yeah talking about intake...i worked on my old car before...i didnt give a **** about it so i wasnt scared to mess it up...now i got a newer car =) im scared lol...how do i install the intake? would i need to drill any holes? cause i see the mushroom filter for the celica intake is pointing down

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
way I see it is you have a lot to learn about your car and this site. If I was you, I'd read, read, read and read for a while and then start posting.....

Welcome to the boards by the way....

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
IxFoCuSxI said:
i was just reading something on the TRD piston...and they were talking about 93 octane gas...i live in SF and we only have 91 octane gas at the gas station....if i do any other upgrade would i need to purchase better gas?
The only reason to up your octane levels would be because you are running a higher compression or advancing your timing, which in-effect causes combustion to occur when the compression is higher in the cylender. But the continuous cam phasing known as, vvt-i on both the 1ZZ and 2ZZ do that automatically, to some degree. So, for the mods you seem like you want to try out, you wont need to run anything higher than 91-94 octane.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what INTAKE do most celica GT-s 6 speed owner gets =)?? and can someone post a site where i can order it

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
intakes, there is AEM which gives you good low and mid range power. Injen will usually give you up top.

TPS just came out with like the perfect intake, theirs gives you power down low and up top. It's like if you combined AEM and Injen.

Check out their threads, you'll learn about it. It really depends on what you want and like....

Oh, I have an AEM CAI

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by celico_man
TPS just came out with like the perfect intake, theirs gives you power down low and up top. It's like if you combined AEM and Injen.
That's TPR. ;) IxFoCuSxI, check my sig for more info.

·
Registered
313 Posts
TRD has no plans on releasing the supercharger for the GT-S, at least that was what I was told when I called them last week. They said they were not going to offer it to the GT either given issues with hood clearance, wiring harness (I think) and another technical item which I forget. Sorry, I dont recall all the details, but the short answer I got on the phone was "no".

CF

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ooo i saw the CAI order page blue bomer.... what is SRI

1 - 19 of 19 Posts