NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put on a TRD front sway bar on my 2000 GT. Everything I read said that I had to completely take off the steering racket. But I did NOT have to take it off. All I did was loosen it 90%of the way and I could move it side to side. With help I was able to slide the stock sway bar out and slide the new one in. it only took my bro and me 3 1/2 hours with no lift and no air tools. I was lucky though, I had no broken nuts, bolts nothing. It was perfect.ps ride is awsome

·
Registered
145 Posts
yeah thats really lucky dude, i also didnt have a full lift or air tools, i used a floor jack and regular hand socket wrenches, and it was a pain in the balls. and 3 1/2 is a quick time with that equipment, i took about 6 hours, but i was working by myself, and i had to take the steering wrack all the way off, and a few of the large bolts were on there pretty damn good, took alot of xtra effort. but im glad to say it eventually all worked out, and yes the ride is great. have some fun w/ it, i know i have been

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
my rack just had to be loosened to install the new bar.. But i didnt have a lift either, just jackstands and a heavy lower engine cradle laying on me. Getting the rack bolts back tight was a pain.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts