NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my TRD front and rear sway bars installed. There is a very very slight creaking sound that I can only hear when the music is completely off and I am going slow. Is this a normal breaking in sound or could this be a problem?

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Hotchkis Street.

VS OEM:

TRD Front Sway = 25% stiffer
TRD Adj. Rear Sway = 58%/NA stiffer

Hotchkis Adj. Front Sway = 43%/70% stiffer
Hotchks Street Rear Sway = 88% stiffer
Hotchks Competition Rear Sway = 123% stiffer

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Check to make sure the bar isn't rubbing against the frame! The bar will rub against the arm that supports the front drivers side strut. It barely hits but just enough to squeak a little while rubbing off the powder coating. I took a die grinder to mine and removed about 1/8" of metal off the frame arm to give me enough clearance. It took me months to figure out my front TRD sway bar was rubbing. I kept lubing the front bushings every other week what a pain that was! I know of a few other people with these sways that rub too!

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by Throttle
I kept lubing the front bushings every other week what a pain that was!
Get these for the front sway:
http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=884&prmenbr=361

Energy Suspension Sway Bar Bushing

Greaseable Sway Bar Bushings
''The Quiet Ones''

Introducing new greaseable universal sway bar bushings! Complete with zerk fittings and a unique channel design that allows grease to migrate to all inner bushing surfaces. Virtually eliminates any possible binding, even under extreme pressures created by large diameter bars. 2/pkg. Available in Black or Red.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I have a used front and rear set of these for sale that fit the TRD sway bars. Also have 90 deg grease fittings for the fronts so you can fit the grease gun fitting on it. PM me if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Originally posted by Mp3Supply
got any pics of where u grinded, and maybe of pics of where it was bangin at!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes I have pics somewhere. I'll look for them this weekend and post them up in this thread.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Here are a few pics of where the TRD bar rubs. I have since fixed the problem by grinding a little of the metal away. I also purchased Hypermotive adjustable endlinks so I was able to shorten the endlink to compensate for the suspension drop and return the swaybar the the correct position.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Good call on the POR 15. I'm definitely going to put some type of coating back on the bar.

·
Registered
313 Posts
My TRD front swaybar installed yesterday is creaking (rear is quiet). A storm blew in and with the weather change Im not getting any creaking unless I go over a speed hump, so Im guessing something isnt lubed enough. If this thread is still alive by the time I have it corrected I will let you know what the dealership finds.

CF

1 - 20 of 48 Posts