NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if these 2 TRD Japan Parts made up the clutch kit or if there were additional pieces you need....

00602-31250-AE952 TRD Clutch Disk (GT & GTS) - TRD Japan $126.00
00602-31210-AE100 TRD Pressure Plate (GT & GTS) - TRD Japan $211.95

these were taken from etoyotas.com.....and does it make up the same thing you get in this kit fom TRD USA...i heard the TRD Japan clutch was better...can someone gimme some feedback or comments...thanks

00602-31201-205 TRD Clutch Kit (GT & GTS) - TRD USA $455.97

-Dustin

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Clutch kit has clutch plate, clutch cover and throwout bearing all together. Get the kit. I had the seperates on my first engine and I just put the kit on this engine.

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
The TRD japan clutch engages pretty much right at the floor and you don't have to push it very far(meaning it already sits low to the floor when depressed). It makes the clutch feel like an on and off switch. (no slipping of the clutch)

The TRD USA clutch engages low to the floor, but the clutch still sits as high as stock. It also takes a lot more force to push the TRD USA clutch in. The engagement is much more agressive than stock, but not as aggressive as the TRD japan clutch.

I have the TRD USA and have driven a celica with the Jspec one. I plan to get the jspec clutch whenever I have the money to do the flywheel/lsd/clutch purchase and install. I can imagine the jspec clutch to be kind of a pain if you drive in a lot of traffic.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks alot for your feedback fellas...

i believe ill just go ahead and order the TRD USA Clutch kit...

thanks again..by the way redline your sig is bad as hell..

-Dustin

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Well something went wrong with mine :rofl:

After having the clutch in the car for an hour, the flywheel bolts sheered off. I had to pull the engine to find that out. Now I just have to figure out how in the hell I'm going to get those leftovers out of the crank.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
You are not suppose to re-use flywheel bolts. They are for one use only and must be replace after each time you take it off.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
nyoneway said:
You are not suppose to re-use flywheel bolts. They are for one use only and must be replace after each time you take it off.
I actually found that out last night when I was looking at the digram from ALL DATA. I never knew that. I figured that the reusing of the bolts was prolly the culprit. I reordered a set today and they should be here in the morning. $60 for the eight. Damn expensive.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Did you have lightweight flywheel or stock? Is this the first time you taken off your flywheel? Usually if you switch to lightweight and it's your first time it should be ok to reuse.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
nyoneway said:
Did you have lightweight flywheel or stock? Is this the first time you taken off your flywheel? Usually if you switch to lightweight and it's your first time it should be ok to reuse.
replaced the blown motor with a new block and head. I built it all up my self and tried to reuse all parts outside the block and head as much as possible. Didn't realise till after the fact that those bolts could only be used once. Stock flywheel.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have the Jspec clutch, mark drove my car, and he knows how painfull it is.. it engages, 1/2 inch off the ground, and it's on/off.. be carefull with it.. it's race only.. but i use it on the street carefully :) peace

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
bad doesnt mean bad, bad means good. lol. I love the JDM spec trd clutch. I drove DJHousecats car. That will be my next clutch. :)

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
ok, i hope i meant, mine is being installed right now, with the flywheel.....i had to choices, pay for a new oem clutch or by the one that i did for more and get free instalation, so i just bought the flywheel and added it in.....
i hope that bad is good....;)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts